Chapter Four: Royal Grounds

Later in the day, after Minho had eaten a (delicious) lunch, he gave Jisung his first errand to run.

"This is a letter to the main town council about the recent increase in traffic in this area. Please give it to the guard house, I assume you know where it is? If not I can show you." Jisung shook his head.

"It's true I do not know where the guard house is, but I'm sure I can find my way around. I don't want to disturb you in your work, your highness." Minho waved his hand dismissively.

"No, no it's no trouble. I don't have much to do today and I am still in a fresh mood from this morning. I could use a walk as well." He quickly grabbed his purple cloak (it was more like a fanciful robe) and gestured for Jisung to follow him, which he gladly did.

Minho walked with longer strides than Jisung, which resulted in the younger having to sometimes trot to keep up with Minho's pace. He found it cute, in all honesty. As they strolled, they passed many main parts of the palace that Jisung had only seen once, and not up close: the huge fountain in the middle of the courtyard, standing proudly, precisely and meticulously cut grass hedges, and a huge cherry blossom tree at the end of a cobblestone road lined with luscious trees on either side. Jisung marveled at the new (ish) sights and breathed in the scented air. They eventually got to the guard house and Jisung handed the letter to them respectfully. Minho nodded in approval.

"I will now show you a different route back to the main building, since you've seen this one."

"There's another route?" Jisung asked incredulously.

"Well, yes. This whole plot of land is some six square kilometres large." Minho got out his pocket watch to check the time. Only half past three.

"Since, I have time, I shall take you to my personal favourite place: the gallery." Minho started walking at his usual fast pace and Jisung ran to catch up, his breath fogging up in the crisp air. Minho giggled to himself and turned back to watch him run for maybe five metres or so. His cheeks flushed crimson slightly.