Chapter 2

| Touka POV |

Well what a great start, some random skinny pipsqueak tries to be friends with me. He was focusing on the teacher now after my I told him to shut up. I decided to stay off topic about what we're learning right now and day dreamed about my future. Will I have kids? Will I be alone? Truthfully, I really just wanna own a coffee shop and name it Re: it's a good name. Who knows, but what I'm really worried about is being alone. No one to love or even worse, no one that really cares for me.

"Touka!" I heard Yoriko whispered to me. I turn my face to her direction. "What?" I whispered quietly.

"You weren't too nice to that boy, apologize please." She had a disappointed face. I groaned again, he talked to me first though! I decided to do sign languages that we usually communicate with if the teacher is talking loudly. I said why. She replied back with her hands moving saying that you were too harsh, that boy just wants to be friends. I replied back again, never. Yoriko decided to end the conversation as I scoffed, angry I am. Not my fault though.

After it was lunch time Yoriko and I sat together and bought lunch food. We sat on a table with 3 seats. She began chewing on her food as I watched her. If she knew I was a ghoul, I frowned. She notice my sad face and asked, "What's wrong? I'm not mad at you." She talked while eating. Boy if she had a boy she liked was sitting she'd be eating and swallowing first and then saying stuff. "It's something else." I tried to change the topic. She grinned, "Is it that boy with the eyepatch?" "What know?!" I blurted out.

A boy with orange hair/yellow hair sits next to Yoriko. "Hey Yoriko!" Hide started a conversation. "Oh hey Hide!" She swallowed her food. Knew it. "Who's this?" He asked, not knowing who I am. "Oh she's my best friend Touka!" She smiled. "Oh. Well nice to meet you Touka!" He offered me a handshake as I replied back with it too. "She's antisocial as so am I." She chuckled, damn you Yoriko! "Haha no problem! I also have a friend who's antisocial." Hide replied back.
"Really?! Show him for us!" Yoriko's curiosity grew even more by the second.

"Sure! Oi Kaneki!" Three of our gaze turned to a boy with a white eyepatch. Wait that's the guy I told to shut up! Oh boy, don't get in trouble now Touka. "Hey you were the boy Touka to shut up." Yoriko kept calm but pointed at him. He chuckled nervously. "Eh? Kaneki, that girl told you to shut up?" Hide asked, oh boy oh boy oh boy. "Y-Yes buts it's okay I understand." Kaneki said. "Oh okay well have a seat next to Touka." Yoriko asked him to sit next to me. But the thing is there was no chair. "Eh no chair? I'll go grab you one." Hide grabbed another chair as Kaneki sat next to me.

"Guys! This is Ken Kaneki, for some reasons he wears an eyepatch." Hide introduced Kaneki to us as Kaneki waves. He pulls out a book and reads, does he not eat? "Oi Kaneki, this is a great chance to make more friends besides me." Hide takes his book away as Kaneki whines. "Same here Touka!" Yoriko said, I put my hands in the air innocently. Both Yoriko and Hide left both me and Kaneki as I see both smirking. Damn both of them. Both of us awkwardly look at different directions till I brought up a question.

"So Kaneki, I'm sorry about earlier. I just wanted Yoriko sit next to me." I apologized, he seemed surprised. "It's okay! I understand!" He said that the apology wasn't needed. "Yes it is and I'd like to keep it that way!" I shouted at him. He shrieked and ran away. Oh god Yoriko is gonna kill me! I have short temper and it won't stop. Both Yoriko and Hide came back and questioned me where Kaneki was. "Where is Kaneki?"

"Umm umm." I tried to bring out lots and lots of good ideas. "You kicked him out didn't you." Yoriko frowned. "I'll go get Kaneki." Hide went to find Kaneki. Yoriko puts her hand on her waist, oh boy when she does that you know she is mad. "Soooo, trying not to make any friends?" She growled. "I can explain." I stuttered. "Found him!" Hide spoke out. "Turns out he was just trying to avoid me." Hide put his arm over Kaneki's shoulder. "Oh thank goodness." Yoriko sigh and relieved. "Now let's try again Touka and apologize for the mean behavior!"

"Fine fine! Sorry!" I threw a tantrum, not looking at Kaneki. He also didn't replied back and didn't look at me. Both hide and Yoriko had worried faces as they whispered to each other. Kaneki secretly runs away with his book.

| Timeskip |

I waved goodbye at Hide and Yoriko and walked towards Anteiku. First day of school and already shit is happening. Why can't there be nothing that holds me back from my dream. I finally arrived and opened the door to see Kaneki in the shop's uniform.

"Oh Touka! Meet our new employee, Ken Kaneki." Yoshimaru said as I was internally screaming. I walked past them as Yoshimaru whispered to me, "He is the first human we ever hired, do not show any evidence that we are ghouls." Yoshimaru is a nice person but he's way too nice.

"H-Hey Touka."

"Shut up."