" I'm sorry..."

" I'm not blaming you. Don't say you're sorry." The omega reassured him.

" Well what am I supposed to say?" Lance held the gauze tighter to his arm while hugging him.

" I need you to promise that you'll talk to me. You can go from being on top of the Earth to tail spinning in a couple minutes, but I can help you. I just need you to let me, okay?" Keith was reaching up behind Lance to rake his fingers through his brown hair.

" Okay..." The taller boy said, sounding defeated. " I promise I'll talk to you."

" Good. Now let's get you cleaned up."

...

It had been a couple days since the latest Lotor incident, and Lance was still down. He could fake a smile, and force his way on through the day, but it was an act. He had failed as a boyfriend, as Keith's alpha.

Some people were starting to notice the small goof-ups Lance was making. Normally, he'd have a seamless boisterousness that nobody could see behind. But he was making a mistake here and there that tipped his friends off.

" Since when does Lance wear a base layer under his football jersey?" Allura curiously asked. Her and the remaining cheerleaders were sitting by and watching football practice. They had everything else down, and stunting was a big fat no no, so that was about the only thing they could do.

Keith, who was beside her, momentarily tensed. He wasn't about to say that it was to hide his arms, so he came up with a believable lie.

" Um... it's almost November. Maybe he just doesn't want to get cold." He said.

" Yeah, but I've never seen him do that before." Shay cut in.

" Actually, now that I think about it... he wears them under his soccer jerseys sometimes. You know, cause some of their earlier games are freezing." Allura rethought. And Keith could finally breathe again. He was paranoid of anyone pressuring him about Lance right then. Given the massive secret he was keeping, he was scared of accidentally tripping up.

" I've never been to one of his soccer games, is he like... good at it?" Keith changed the subject.

" Pff! What, are you kidding?" Shannon giggled. She was currently munching down on an entire can of Pringles.

" Lance is good at any sport he plays... it's like he can mold to do pretty much everything." The cheer captain stated.

" I figured. I guess I'll go watch once his season starts." Keith said. He was more than a little relieved to not be talking about what his boyfriend was wearing.

Allura suddenly gasped.

" Ooo! I forgot! I have to tell you guys something!" She excitedly spoke, almost giddy out of the blue.

" What is it?" Shay smiled in anticipation.

" I'm going to have a Halloween party. And you guys are all invited." Allura was looking forward to it already. There was some part of her that loved hosting events for everyone. " And, Shannon... this is VIP only... so don't tell anyone else, don't bring anyone else, don't do anything that would make people want to crash it."

" Got it." Shannon said through a mouthful of chips.

" I'm assuming we have to wear costumes?" Keith asked, cringing slightly. Lord knows what Lance would make him wear.

" It wouldn't be much of a Halloween party if you didn't." Allura told him. " Are you and Lance going to wear a couple's costume?" She asked.

" I mean... probably?" Keith answered. He honestly wasn't even sure if Lance felt up to partying after everything. With Lotor running around, they had to be cautious.