Part 14

"YOU!" Hypnos roared through the library.

The reapers and servants backed away from the greek man. Hypnos stalked straight to the angel of death. Phoenix stood straight to match Hypnos' height as best as he could, but couldn't do so completely. The god of sleep would always be taller no matter the age, genetics would always beat time.

"Hypnos welcome back." Phoenix greeted with a sly grin.

"Don't dare test my patience you brat. Where is your father?" Hypnos questioned.

"He is in his study, I believe, actually he is walking in now."

Hypnos turned around to come face to face with the god of death, his twin brother, Thanatos.

"A word brother, alone." Hypnos said as everyone quickly emptied out of the library.

"What has you so annoyed?"

"It is more like who, multiple ones as well."

Thanatos poured himself some rum and offered Hypnos a glass as well. The brothers walked towards the black leather chairs by the fire and sat there quietly.

"Where is my sister in law today?" Hypnos asked his dark hair twin.

"Teaching like always. Her students love her and never want to stop learning." Thanatos said as he spoke of his favorite blonde witch.

Hypnos nodded then sipped on his drink. Thanatos watched and examined the state Hypnos was in, stressed and agitated.

"Hypnos, what's going on?"

"They're hunting her again. I don't get why. I thought they were all dead. I thought she was finally safe. After 5 years, they're back." Hypnos paused and stood near the fire. "You're Phoenix isn't helping. He is dragging her back in. he has even made a deal with her. Now Artemis and Athena are thinking that she's the first banshee."

Thanatos didn't say a word, all he did was listen to his brother. They have switched roles for once. This was clearly troubling his brother.

"I will keep him busy. My 'Phoenix' will not get in the way, even if he is my son. Go to her, she will need you at her side once again." Thanatos spoke then left his brother calm his mind.

The library soon filled once more and the fire was no longer inviting. Hypnos removed himself before things got out of hand. What was he going to do?

—————————————————————————————————————————————

I hoped you all enjoyed. Don't forget you can comment, vote, or share if you wish.

- Jenn