Part 11

"Miss, I'm here to take you home. Orders from the lord." The reaper, Thomas, said as he held up her grey cloak.

"I came with Stella. Let me guess, he doesn't care." She stated more than asked.

"I'm afraid not. He insists that you go home. He also told me to let you know he will explain more later. There are too many ears here." Thomas informed her as she placed her cloak on her shoulders.

Compass nodded and gave Thomas a smile. For a reaper Thomas was lively and he was young. Compass walked quickly beside Thomas as they walked through the arch way of the north wing corridor. In a blink of an eye she was passing through the greenhouse doors. She stood in front of her grandmother, who did not seem surprised.

"I can take it from here sweetheart." Grandmother Mycha said as Compass hugged her.

"Are you sure? I don't mind standing guard while the lord is away. I was told to keep her safe." Thomas hesitated on leaving.

"I may be old but two banshees are better than one."

"Nana, he can stay. I trust him." Compass said and her grandmother raised an eyebrow.

"Fine but do you think you can be more discreet? I don't need the neighbors having a heart attack because they see a grim reaper in my house. One too many scream movies will do that to a person."

Compass watched Thomas think then in a flash he was a black cat. Grandmother Mycha smiled as a sign of being pleased at her request. Compass found him completely adorable. She noticed that even as a cat he had his green eyes. Grandmother Mycha took Compass by the arm and intertwined hers as they walked into the house. Thomas followed closely behind them. He snuck around them and inspected the living room and continued to check the rest of the house. Compass joined her grandmother in the kitchen for some hot chocolate.

"How was the ball dear?"

"It was amazing, I wish you could've come. You would've enjoyed yourself. It was beautiful and I met some interesting creatures. I even have a new swimming buddy, she's a mermaid."

"I would love to meet these new friends of yours. You should invite them over sometime. I assume he spoke with you in regards of our line?"

"Yes, vaguely but yes. He also-"

Compass stopped talking for a minute feeling the pressure of his lips on hers. She needed to speak with him first then Stella and finally her grandmother.

"What else did he say sweetie?" Her grandmother asked, bringing her back to the present and out of her thoughts.

"I was told to stop asking questions and let him handle it." She lied.

She felt guilty for lying to her but she didn't know what else to say. She was still thinking about that kiss. Compass knew it was him being greedy but she enjoyed it. Part of her wanted more. She bit her lip trying to get rid of those naughty images that she been having for days now. They both heard soft taps which signaled that Thomas was in the room.

"I hope the house is as safe as you'd like it." Mycha stated as if it were air.

"Well while you entertain my grandmother I will go change." Compass announced then got up from the stool.

Compass closed and locked the door of her room then walked to her desk and lit her favorite vanilla rose scented candle. She left the masks there are she removed the clipped of her cloak. She grabbed her sun and moon leggings, orange striped fluffy socks that have bats on them, and a black sweater. Once she finished changing she spotted a dark figure on her bed.