Part 12

"Why are you here Hypnos?"

"I'm here for her. Mycha sent for me."

"So you make personal requests now?"

"When it comes to her, I always do."

"I've told you before stay away. We can go at it again if you want." Phoenix stated.

"I remember the deal and clearly you haven't up held you end. Her soul is not yours." Hypnos reminded him.

"And her heart was never yours." Phoenix taunted.

Hypnos didn't speak again and Phoenix had a smirk plastered on his face. Hypnos clenched his jaw and his knuckles turned white from being fisted so tightly. Hypnos watched Compass as she shifted in Death's arms. Compass turned around and laid eyes on a tall well built man. He looked extremely attractive, just like Phoenix. Hypnos had chocolate brown hair with a few red streaks in it. His eyes were a vibrant amber gold with shades of bronze. He also had a defined face with full lips and a slight shadow as if he hadn't shaved for two days. His brown hair was wavy yet straight at the same time and it was long enough to run your fingers through the top. Compass felt her chest tighten but in a good way. Phoenix placed a hand on her left thigh and watched as Hypnos zeroed in on the placement. His other hand was still in her sweater.

Compass dropped her legs from around Phoenix and blushed deeply. She just realized how this looked and it looked compromising which her grandmother would not approve of. She went to step closer towards Hypnos but Phoenix pulled her back. She turned back and glared at Phoenix to let her go. Once he released her wrist she walked up to Hypnos and looked at his face, trying to connect where she knew him from. Hypnos was still annoyed with Death being so close and touching her. He could tell she was trying to remember him but couldn't because he made sure of that. She was blocked, mentally, because Hypnos did so. Hypnos made her forget him. She was stronger than the spell. Both men watched as she reached up and took hold of Hypnos' face. He didn't dare move yet closed his eyes and let go of a soft breath when she rubbed her thumbs across his cheeks. Her familiar scent filled his nose. Her scent was one, he thought would never be near him again.

"Who are you?" Compass whispered more to herself than to him.

"My name is Hypnos. Mycha sent for me." Hypnos spoke as he removed her hands from his face.

She watched as he delicately held her hands in his. She also noticed the bronze colored ring on his left thumb. Hypnos wanted to tell her the truth as she pouted. He knew she didn't like it when she wasn't allowed to touch him. He couldn't risk her remembering, not yet, it wasn't safe.

"Why?" She asked as she hugged herself.

"Mycha told me you've been having nightmares again."

"I'm fine." She said defensively.

"Compass I'm only here to make sure you're okay that's all." He said calmly to keep her in check.

"Thank you but you can go." Compass said then turned away.

Hypnos kept an expressionless face, but he blamed one person and that was Death. Death held a smirk on his face enjoying the scene in front of him. Hypnos was angry more at himself than at anyone else. He should have come to her sooner. He should've stopped her from making the deal with Death. Now, she was stuck with Death until the deal was done. Death was rubbing off on her and this wasn't a topic that could be taken lightly.

"Compass I have-" Hypnos said as he tried to reach for her hand, but Death stepped in and cut him off stating "She said that you could go."

Compass was back in his arms. Hypnos wasn't going to fight in front of her just yet. He had to make sure that the barrier was intact. He needed to make sure she could sleep. He can't stand her nightmares controlling her. She didn't belong to Death. She was once his and everything changed when her powers showed up, it wasn't safe.

"As the lady wishes." Hypnos said and bowed to her.

The small gesture caused emotions to stir inside Compass. It made her heart skip a beat. That gesture would be the only thing she would think of, even the momentary flash back was all too present in her mind. Compass felt a slight discomfort as Hypnos walked away and towards the door. She played it calm as the door clicked shut, when in reality her mind was telling her to stop him. She didn't want to be in Death's arms, Phoenix had too many secrets and clearly he knew something she wasn't allowed to know.

"I'll make sure he doesn't bother you princess." Phoenix said but Compass sat down on her bed.

"I just want to rest. Leave him alone my grandmother will make sure he leaves." She coldly said as she hugged her knees.

Phoenix could see she wanted to be alone. She wouldn't make eye contact with him nor did she ask for him to stay. With a gust of wind, he disappeared leaving her alone.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

I hoped you all enjoyed. Don't forget you can comment, vote, or share if you wish.

- Jenn