Handling College

*Brianna*

So, off to college we went. Me, Quinn and Nath were walking, and passed multiple houses, old and new. One row of houses were blanked out with big iron sheets. Shut and abandoned, they sent a chill through you wondering why they were shut down. The windows looked full of grime while the walls were made of different coloured browns and reds.

I asked Nathan, "Why are those houses shut down? It seems such a waste."

Quinn just tutted at my question like it was something which a child would ask. Nathan looked at the houses, and at first glance I thought it was my imagination, but then saw his skin was covered with goosebumps.

He hesitantly replied, "That was where Angelica was murdered, no one knows what happened to her, apparently she was found in there with her tongue cut out and shoved down her throat. I heard rumours that that's what happened to traitors, which sounds like a gang did it or something. I'd never wanna betray whoever killed her. I'll tell you that." His face dropped whilst talking about it.

Me and Quinn took a quick glance at each other, we knew exactly what'd do that. Despite what he told us we acted totally disgusted and shocked, like it was a vile thing a human could do... We carried on that road to college, but luckily we turned away from the gloomy houses into a park with vivid green bushes and the beautiful butterflies.

*Quinn*

"That was where Angelica was murdered, no one knows what happened to her, apparently she was found in there with her tongue cut out and shoved down her throat. I heard rumours that that's what happened to traitors, which sounds like a gang did it or something. I'd never wanna betray whoever killed her. I'll tell you that." Nathan said with a sunken expression.

Me and Brianna knowingly looked at each other. We knew what could have easily done such a thing. Before anything else was said we turned the corner and into a park with obnoxious kids screaming. I never really did like kids very much, I mean yeah they can be cute and stuff, but man when they scream God help me they're annoying. College was just around the corner and I had Mr. Acne first period for Math.

"Aside from the ridiculous name, what is Mr. Acne like?" I asked Nathan, parting my hair at the back.

"He is just as awful as his name, trust me" he chuckled with a small grin.

I laughed, as did Brianna. Nathan is a pretty funny guy, and I'd deny it if asked, but pretty hot too. He had a bunch of piercings like me, but I had more. I had ear stretchers, 2nd and 3rd ear piercings, nose piercing, snake bites, and scaffolding. Lots of people say it's too much but fuck them, ya know. Nathan had snake bites, ear stretchers and an eyebrow piercing. Brianna had pierced ears and tongue, but refused all my efforts of trying to get her more. Before I knew it we had reached college and we were around 10 minutes early so we sat on a bench outside first class.

Me and Brianna had math together, but Nathan had Sport instead. We talked over our schedules and went to class as the bell went, making plans to meet at break with Nathan as we didn't have any classes together till History, which we all loved, after break.

*Brianna*

I think Mr Acne was even worse than his name. When the bell went for class, me and Quinn entered while looking around. Everyone stared at us, we'd expected it since were the new kids, and from what I heard, the only set of twins in this school, even if we're non-identical.

Mr. Acne grunted when he saw Quinn's piercings, I just stood there, looking for a pair of seats for me and Quinn. Though I didn't need to, we had to sit apart in a seating plan. I was sat at one end of the class room with Suki, the foreign exchange student. I didn't know what she said to me when I seated, just something which sounded gibberish to me, but I smiled and said hi anyhow.

Quinn sat at the other end of the class room with someone who had a big build and was a guy. He was pretty cute I guessed but not my type. Quinn has tried with so many different boys to go out with me but I've never liked them in the way she wanted me too. Sometimes she'd call me a lesbian as a joke but she stopped since the night it made me burst into tears. I didn't know if I was a lesbian because I've never really fancied a girl either, I just think myself as... asexual? I don't know to be honest, except that no one has made me feel warm in my panties yet. While I was daydreaming apparently I was called to say my name and where I was from in front of the class.

But since I was daydreaming and everybody's eyes were on me I just blushed and murmured my name, "Brianna.. Brianna Sherman and I'm from Australia Sir."

With this he gave me a stern look and replied, "Next time I expect the answer as quick as fire, you hear me?"
"Yes Mr Acne." my cheeks heated up and I let my hair fall in front of my face to hide my embarrassment.

He then gave me one final glance before turning to my sister who was paying full attention, "I'm Quinn Sherman and I come from Australia, and before any of you ask, G'day mate!"

With this the class laughed, where as I just blushed in a corner of my own embarrassment, and fiddled with my pencils just wanting to disappear.

*Quinn*

I hated Mr. Acne already. Making my sister uncomfortable like that, this is a college right? not middle school, he shouldn't be allowed to talk to her like that. The embarrassment was clear on her face as he humiliated her in front of the class, but I wasn't going to let him intimidate me.

"Name and origin?" he asked me with a smug look on his face.

"I'm Quinn Sherman and I come from Australia, and before any of you ask, G'day mate!" I answered, confidently.

The class started laughing and I felt rather proud of myself. He could tell I wasn't scared of him, and his smug look faded and was replaced with anger. " Ha ha ha, very funny Miss Sherman, if you'd like to take a seat I have a class to teach. I believe Drama class is down the hall." He said in a completely neutral tone, and anger replaced with no expression on his face at all.

I just rolled my eyes and twiddled my scaffolding around. He said some more boring crap about the history behind algebra then told us to take notes from the board. I loved history but he managed to make even that of all things boring for me. It then came to my attention whilst I was mid sentence that the large boy sitting next to me was staring at me, and he wasn't very subtle about it either.

"Yes?" I broke his silent gaze, wondering what was so fascinating.

"Oh uh sorry" and with that he continued his work.

About 10 minutes later he had returned to his position and was concentrating deeply on my face.

"Do you want something?" I asked rudely.

"Your number." I wasn't expecting that at all, and It caught me completely off guard, his sudden change from shy to confident was eerie, and I pulled my eyebrows together in shock and confusion.

"Sorry dude, but I don't know you, why you'd even ask that I'm not sure" I replied whilst trying to understand his almost unreadable expression, he didn't even look at all hurt or rejected.

"Ok that's cool, I'm Martin. Wanna be friends?" His sudden change of attitude -again- was unsettling and confusing, he just accepted it and moved on.

As strange as that was, I parted my lips to talk, and after 5 or so seconds I replied, "Uhmm okay?"

"Good" he smiled and continued his work, cheerily.

'What the heck just happened?' I thought to myself. Usually making friends is a lot more difficult than that. Although new friends don't last anyway, not with my life, and my background, and my family. It was nice nonetheless.

A/N

There's a photo of Martin at the side- idk why I thought of Max Adler when I thought of this character but hey there ya go.

Please comment what you like or dislike about the story so far- we'd love to read some of your ideas!!!

ok bye xox