42) A Proper Goodbye

°☆。°☆   °☆。°☆

Jungkook studied his dark bladed sword detailed with intricate designs and symbols of dark power.

They glowed red against the coal-black blade.

"How's everything going with the pure angel?"

Jungkook turned to see Namjoon at the entrance of the weapons room.

The demon nodded. "I'm working on it."

The gang leader entered the room, briefly glancing at the different weapons.

"The weapons in this room are filled with countless memories." Namjoon said, as he approached the ravenet.

"That sword you're holding too. I've fought my greatest battles with it."

Jungkook lifted the sword vertically in front of him as he tried imagining the weapon in action.

"Which was the fiercest battle you fought with it?"

The older dawned a reminiscent smile at the question.

"I suppose it would be the fight I had with a particular archangel way back when."

"Seok Jin?" Jungkook inquired.

Namjoon chuckled. "Yes, Seok Jin."

"He's the one who betrayed our trust and had you lose your powers?"

The gang leader's expression  darkened at the reminder. "That very one."

°☆。°☆   °☆。°☆

"Go, hurry, before they get back."
Hoseok said, rushing Yoongi out of the door.

"You do realize you're betraying them, right?" Yoongi asked, stopping and turning to face the orange-haired angel.

Hoseok sighed. "I do, but I-" he ran his fingers through his hair.
"-Please don't make me question myself again, Yoongi. I've already done it a hundred times."

The mint haired demon smirked. "So you thought about me a hundred times?"

Hoseok shook his head. "You're the same tease you've always been."

The demon chuckled at that, but then held the angel's hand, drawing his attention.

"But in all seriousness, Hoseok. If you let me go now I'll not consider myself indebted to you.

You know the seriousness of what's happening.

I won't treat you any different from any other enemy if we meet again."

Yoongi explained, looking into the angel's eyes.

Hoseok gave the demon a sad smile.
"I know. I hope we don't meet again, and I hope I'm not the one fighting you."

Yoongi fisted his hands at the orange-haired angel's soft words.

For some reason they struck a nerve in the demon.

"You know what?" He snapped, pushing Hoseok back inside.

"I wish I never met you. I wish I never made the decision to follow you that night.