》Chapter Sixty-Five

Start from the beginning

" You helped us?"

"I wish I didn't. But my mind kept taking me to that sick thought. The idea of somebody going through that, made me nauseous. I know how it feels to have somebody getting inside you without your consent. They not only fill your body with their venom but your mind goes out of the game too. And it takes a strong will to get over it." I'm really at loss of words for what she's telling me, the mention of the gardens has awaken some really bad memories and I'm trying to stay strong and not let them getting to me, but it's hard. I still recall those filthy hands on my thighs. God, I wish there was a way to erase that moment, it still haunts me.

" Why did you? You don't like me at all."

" The same reason I walked away a couple of years ago. For Harry. The thought of how broken he would be if something bad happened to you. The look he had when I went to see him at his house after he thought he lost you forever, it broke my Pandora vase and suddenly, it was like 25 years of emotions snapped back into my body leaving me confused and angry. I didn't know that kind of love could exsist, I thought it was a myth like mermaids and stuff like that."

" Who's behind this?"

" I can't tell you." I pout and bite down my lip but before I can ask, she explains: "They'll kill me if I tell you anything."

"But why do they need my blood?" Karen moves her straight hair to one side, it' so red it looks like liquid fire. 

"Let's just say they like good investments."

As we sit, one across the other, I feel like something cracked between the two of us. The unreachable Karen has become a girl with a troubled soul who deep down cares but will never admit it. And I like it. 

Unfortunately for us, the little friendly chat ends on the note of heavy steps as the three men reappear.

Karen gives me the warning glare that indicates that I need to stay still. I follow her advice with a lighter heart and wait for them to do some weird medical stuff to me, instead I feel the blade of a knife sliding inside of my sweater, cutting it open with just one swing.

I have the time to make eye contact with her and she's as pale as a ghost, making my good resolution going to hell. I start to kick and pull, trying to get  them off of me.

" What are you doing?" I hear her saying but can't manage to look at her, since  my pants are also being ripped open.

" Please!" I beg unable to say anything more as my hands get pushed behind my back and I hear something clicking then a quick flash. Then another snap and I'm moved to face the camera.

I'm wearing only my underwear but I feel naked like a worm. I'm scared, my head is spinning so fast it hurts and the air is filled with cheap cologne that makes me want to throw up. It's the same smell.

The same damn scent of that sick pervert in the gardens, which means only one thing, he's the one holding my hands. I feel one of his finger tracing a little circle on my wrist as I try to jerk him off. Then my chin is gripped in a strong and scarily familiar palm.

" Hello little pawn." His breath is a mixture of alcohol and cigarettes with a tiny hint of pot, his voice is once again distorted by some sort of voice mic.

I cry out as his lips leave a wet peck on my neck before sliding down.

" Hey!" Karen shouts banging on the bars. "You can't do that. You know they want her untouched." I peek just enough to see her eyes burning of a liquid green as she holds tight on the metallic rod.

He sighs, annoyed by the interruption and lets me go, eventually. I watch their feet as they storm out. Warm tears try to spring free but I hold them. No time to cry, no time to let them get me. I won't let them win me over. Nothing happened, I'm okay.

" Are you okay?" Karen hurriedly inquires as she extends her arm in my direction. I don't answer, just close my eyes.

" Jade." Her voice calls me back from the dark place I was slipping in and I sniff to let her know I'm listening. "Listen to me girl. They will come back but you don't have to be afraid. They won't do any harm to you because you're valuable to them in one piece. Jade, can you hear me?" I open my eyes and stare into her, not finding the courage to speak.

" You don't have to afraid, he'll find you okay?"

" Who?" I inquire, my heart aching more than any of my limbs.

" Harry. Harry will find you. You need to waste as much time as you can. I know he's looking everywhere for you. You need to hold on to that though, you're smart you gonna get out of this alive. Just do what they tell you to, get them to like you. Don't try to contact Harry on any device, they are all kept under surveillance. Be clever Jade, trust no one but your own self. Do you understand me?" I nod as the steps get closer and closer again. They just went away, why  are they back so soon?

I hear the cracking noise of the jail's door, then my body leaves the cold floor, only to get covered in a blanket and transported. My eyes get covered by a fold, I hear Karen following our movements from behind as she mutters curse after curse.

" Where are you taking her?" Nobody answers. The hollow of the place is as loud as a thunder as we move outside. A fresh gust of wind moves my hair, I feel peaceful as I try to get to a dark place where I can lay down and sleep, but there's this voice that tries to get to me. It calls my name, again and again. It almost sounds like Harry. If this is the last thing I have to hear before dying, I'll welcome it with open arms.