Her Mentor Part 12

Start from the beginning

"You know who know knows I'm right?" Tilda didn't wait for a response and instead answered her own question, "Beyoncé. Let's go."

Normani's eyes widened for a second. "Um—"

"Come on, since everyone else wanna act like I'm crazy."

"Does she know about these?" Normani asked, her eyes darting at Tilda and Princeton.

"No, but she gon' find out," said the woman. She stopped her stroll to look at Normani, who wasn't behind her.

"She's been in her office all morning," Princeton told Normani, referring to Beyoncé.

Normani nodded and felt obligated to follow Tilda. Seconds later they were standing before the CEO's door with Tilda knocking and announcing their presence.

All Normani could do was worry about Beyoncé's reaction to the flowers coming from Keith. The woman had already made it clear that she had a jealous and territorial streak.

Beyoncé answered the door with a smile. "Hello." She and Normani shared a lingering look before she let them inside her spacious and clean, deep-teal hued office.

"So that Keith Powers boy sent Normani flowers along with his phone number, and Normani's sweet and innocent self can't see what's really going on here," Tilda said, wasting no time. "I told her you would understand why this would be a problem."

Normani looked at Beyoncé who kept her composure and arched a brow curiously. "Oh, really? When did he give you flowers?" her gaze now glued to Normani.

"This morning, I guess. I saw them on my desk when I got here. He was just thanking me for a great interview."

"And he left his number," Tilda reminded.

Beyoncé nodded, now just looking at Tilda. "Hmm, well, that was nice. We want our clients to feel pleased. But there is a line. There are boundaries."

"See?" Tilda looked at Normani, with a knowing smile.

"Right, but I'm pretty sure Keith didn't mean it that way," Normani repeated.

Tilda and Beyoncé looked at each other and chuckled.

"Please, you are a beautiful girl," Tilda said, to which the CEO nodded in agreement. "You think that boy just wanna be friends with you? Anyway, that's all I had to say."

"Thank you, Tilda," Beyoncé said and smiled.

Tilda nodded and glanced at Normani as she turned around towards the door. "You coming?"

"Not yet," Beyoncé answered for Normani. Tilda closed the door behind her, leaving the two in privacy.

Normani wanted to sigh, but a part of her was excited for what was to come.

"You can sit," Beyoncé said.

"So how are you?" Normani asked, taking a seat in the armchair.

"Good," she said, sitting down as well, smirking. "So, Keith..."

"I was just as surprised as you, I wasn't expecting him to do that, but I think it's sweet."

"It is sweet. But he needs to keep it professional."

"For all we know that's just who he is."

Beyoncé looked confused. "Just who he is?"

"Yeah, that's probably how he expresses his gratitude." Normani shrugged. "Some people are like that."

"Maybe. But I'm not interested in all that."

"Oh. What are you interested in?"

"You know what." Beyoncé smirked and leaned forward, holding her stare on the 23-year-old.