Chapter 47

"Tyler Paul Seguin." I smirked at him, trying to hint I was messing around with him..

Tyler looked up at me with an eyebrow cocked and a childish look on his face, "What'd I do this time?" He slightly pouts.

I suppress a smile and laugh. "Nothing. I just like saying your name. It's got a nice ring to it."

Tyler gave me a look and goes back to looking through his instagram feed.

I sigh, thinking about our not telling his family about the engagement, still.

Tyler looks up and notices my face, "What's wrong, babe?"

"How do we tell your family? I mean it's been like three weeks!" I look at him.

Tyler shrugged. "We could call my mom right now."

My body felt a surge of adrenaline. He wanted to call the one member of his family that I was most nervous to tell. I nodded, trying to force the nervousness down. "We can do that." I moved closer to Tyler, almost snuggling up to him on the couch.

Tyler closed out of instagram and into his texts messages. I saw what he had his mother's name as in his phone. 'mama bear' with the bear emoji and a red heart.

I smiled at the name, he has always been a momma's boy. I've always loved that about him. Even though he hates people knowing that he is.

His screen popped up as a FaceTime call.

I did my best to swallow my nerves before she got onto the phone. I snuggled my face into the side of his arm, wanting to be close to him and not seen.

The call connects and Jackie's face pops up onto the screen.

"Hey baby!" Jackie exclaims, seeing Tyler's adorable smile.

"Hey mom. What are you up to?" Tyler's voice changed pitches a bit.

"Oh, nothing. I just got off of work and was about to start dinner." She said as she shuffled with something.

"Do you have time to talk?" Tyler asked, moving his eyebrows up and glancing over at me. "Braelynn and I have some updates for ya."

I roll my eyes at how easily he's getting through this conversation.

"Oh, do you now?" She became interested, very quickly.

Tyler nodded. He didn't say anything. Instead he took a hold of my left hand and pulled the ring up into view of the camera of the phone.

"She said yes." Tyler smiled at me, yet again with his adorable smile.

I hear Jackie begin to make some type of noise on the other end of the line. I soon realize that's she's crying.

"Oh, sweetie. Congratulations. To you both." She wipes away tears and smiles. "I'm so happy for you guys!"

Tyler moves my hand back and puts his now free hand on my thigh and softly rubs with his thumb. "Thanks mom."

I moved my face from his arm and into the view of the camera. "Yes, thank you, Jackie."

Jackie smiles and wipes away her final tears. "Oh my. My baby boy is growing up so fast."

I see an eye roll from Tyler and I can't help but giggle at it.

He hates to admit it, but he's the biggest momma's boy. I don't understand why he's so embarrassed by it.

"I'm so happy for you." Jackie says as she cleans herself up, wiping her eyes and cheeks.

I smile at her, feeling comfort that she's ok with Tyler and I deciding to take our relationship to the next level. "Thank you, Jackie."