Chapter 35

Around nine in the morning, Tyler climbs out of bed, waking me up in the process. "Good morning." My morning voice is groggy and incomprehensible.

Tyler chuckles and leans down to kiss my forehead. "Goodmorning to you too, my princess."

I smile and roll over to stretch. "How are you feeling about the game tonight?"

Tyler shrugs before kissing my cheek. "I think that as long as you're there watching, I'll do pretty damn good."

I smile even wider. "I'll be there." I roll back over and move to sit about chest level with Tyler. I grab his waist band of his shorts and pull him closer to kiss his chest. "What are you gonna do until game time?"

Tyler thought for a moment. "Maybe we can go over to Jamie's house and you and Lacey can chill while Jamie and I are talking about the game."

A laugh escapes my mouth. "I think it's funny how he just lets you come over to his house at anytime. Like what if they're doing something?"

Tyler shrugs again. "Then they can post-pone whatever is it they were doing and focus on their guests."

I shake my head."You're too comfortable with Jamie. I mean I can understand that y'all are teammates, but I'd think that y'all would get tired of each other."

Tyler chuckles. "Jamie is always tired of me. I hang around him most of the time just to bother him."

I roll my eyes."Wow, talk about friendship goals."

Tyler smiles, childishly. "Why thank you. I'll be sure to pass on the word if you don't join me on wrecking Jamie's house."

"Have at it." I gently shove him towards the closet. "Dont have too much fun without me. I don't want to loose my boyfriend to my best friend's boyfriend."

Tyler moved his head into the door frame with an arched eyebrow. "I don't roll that way, so don't worry yourself too much there."

I roll my eyes. "Get your mind out of the gutter. I know how buddy buddy you and Jamie get sometimes. It's almost as if I do loose you to Jamie."

Tyler laughs loud enough for me to hear it from the closet. "Jamie and I hate each other, we're just really good at covering it up."

"You sure do." I pick up my phone and send Lacey a text.

*Tyler's gonna come over and wreck your plans. Just a heads up*

I lock my phone and get out of bed to brush my teeth. "What's the plan for after the playoffs?" I wonder aloud to Tyler.

Tyler strides into to bathroom in shorts without a shirt. "Uh, I don't know." He has a confused look on his face. "That's a good question."

I giggle and look at his reflection in the mirror. "What if we went to a beach? I don't have a particular one in mind, but one with crystal blue water."

Tyler thinks for a second. "That actually doesn't sound too bad."

I smile and begin to brush my teeth.

Tyler walks up in behind me and kisses my bare shoulder. "Maybe we can go and see my mom up in Canada, too."

I spit out the toothpaste and look back at Tyler. "Ya mean meet momma Seguin again?"

Tyler nods and waits for my answer.

I go back to brushing my teeth and think about it a bit. Tyler obviously wants to go there and see his mom, but the first meeting wasn't exactly ideal. I spit out my toothpaste again and start to rinse off the toothbrush. "I don't see why we can't."