Chapter 43

Tyler and I have been at his parents house for a little over a week.

It was fun being able to meet and get to know his family.

The rare talk between Tyler and I about his sisters didn't fully explain the relationship they shared.

Cassidy loves her brother like any little sister would.

Candace loves her brother like she's the oldest who's looking out for her baby brother, but also looks up to him. Literally and metaphorically.

Tyler loves them both. I could tell he'd take a bullet for them.

Seeing Tyler interact with his sisters this past week made me fall harder for him. It really showed me how much of a loving person he is.

We pull our suitcases, found and returned by the airlines company, out of the back of the car and turned around to say bye to everyone. We have a plane to catch in around an hour.

Jackie was a mess. She was crying, but I couldn't blame her. Having your son over a thousand miles away may tend to have that effect on you. Especially when he's flying back to another country. It may be another year until we see them, unless they come to a game.

Tyler hugs his mom and whispers something in her ear.

Through the tears, she manages to laugh but it only makes her cry harder. "Tyler, don't wait this long to see your family again. We've missed having you around. Braelynn's been a nice addition, too."

I smile at Jackie before walking over to Cassidy and Candace.

Candace gives me a sad look and pulls me in for a hug. "I'm gonna miss you, Braelynn. Forget Tyler, just come up here without him."

I laugh and nod. "I'll be sure to come up sometime. Oh, and let go of that Garret guy. Believe me, he won't amount up to much if he ever chooses you."

Candace laughs softly, "I'm done with him. He can have Bianca. She's trashy and she'll give him what he wants."

I break the hug with a smile, "You can text me whenever you want. If you need help with something, if you need advise, or if you just want to talk. I'm a phone call away."

Candace hugs me again, but tighter this time. "Thank you, Braelynn. You're the big sister I never had."

After we pull away, Cassidy smiles at me and pulls me into a hug. "We didn't hang out much this week, but if Tyler doesn't put a freaking ring on your finger soon I'll have to fight him."

I laugh and look over at Tyler.

Tyler gives me a nervous smile, along with a shrug.

I smile back at him.

Cassidy breaks from the hug to run up to Tyler. She practically jumps onto him.

I walk over to Jackie and Paul and smile at them. "Thank you for letting me come. This past week was really fun, and it was nice getting to know y'all better."

Jackie starts crying again and pulls me in for a hug. "Sweetheart, you are welcomed anytime. The girls love you. Tyler loves you. I love you. Paul over here is a mystery, but I'm sure there's a bit of love from him, too."

I laugh at Jackie. "You'll have to show him how to love."

Jackie laughs and pulls away, "I've been trying to for the past however many years we've been together."

Paul chuckles. "Yes, you have been."

I open my arms for Paul, and he wraps me in a hug. "Like Jackie said, you're welcomed anytime."