He is showing me that he is capable of doing the same thing to me without batting an eye.

"I understand, Young Master."

So after all this time, he knows that I'm a spy. Just what happened to this young master in a month's time?

■■■

■Revarge Household■

《Change of POV》

"What did you say!" I yelled at one of my useless servants. How dare she inform me of such omen early in the morning?

"Young Master Shiro has returned."

"Did I tell you to speak again!? Guards take her out and give her 50 floggings!" I commanded.

"No mistress! Have mercy! Please! Have mercy!" She kneeled on the ground desperately begging like a bug.

Tch! How unsightly.

"Add 50 more floggings."

"What a morning! A useless brat and an ungrateful servant! If this goes on, I might get wrinkles."

My husband put quite the effort into finding his useless unfilial son. Haa! He spoils him far too much. He is skilled with the sword. Who cares?! This house has been producing mages for generations, yet that brat's magic is even lower than that of the commoners? He is a disgrace to our Noble family's name.

If not for him carrying the bloodline of the Revarge household and that husband of mine protecting him. I would've gotten rid of him myself!

I was relieved by the fact that he went missing, but now, he is back. What a joke. I've sent him early greetings, I can't wait to see his sorry face.

"Who did the Lord send to find that brat?" I asked one of the guards in my quarter.

"It is the young master's retainer and the lone wolf, Kira." Using one of our assets to find a useless kid, what a husband. This is why political marriage never works out.

With Kira present, forget about teaching him a lesson, they won't even leave a scratch.

"Find this man. I have a job for him."

"Certainly, my lady."

I need to get rid of this brat immediately.

■■■

《Change of POV》

I expected this to be a wealthy nobility, but what I didn't expect was that this entire area is Revarge House's jurisdiction; this region may encompass an entire city. I am surprised by the grandeur of Revarge House nestled in the countryside. This location gives the impression of entering a Kingdom in those first POV adventure games, the difference is that this is only a town owned by the family, the town of Hanock.

This is like a city inside a fortress. There are even communities, stalls, and people roaming the streets. This place is bursting at the seams with energy and excitement. The walls are very massive, almost impossible to breach with a ram, and there are various armaments positioned on every side, with almost no blind spot.

Now that I think about it, Laure gave me a brief overview of this family, with each son and daughter assigned an area to oversee at the age of 15. I'm the family's black sheep, so I'm not expecting much from the territory I've been assigned to handle. I also have a horrible reputation, being a single swordsman in a family of mages, so it wouldn't surprise me if I got the least desirable land.

"Ah, I almost forgot! Young Master, after you went missing, the king sent the princess here, and she is expected to arrive tomorrow," Laure remarked, his voice restless. This shift in attitude was most likely caused by what transpired earlier; yet, I do not like to be viewed in a gilded light so I don't mind this atmosphere. It's enough that I've instilled fear; I never intended to build a nice relationship in the first place.

"By whom do you mean princess?" I asked calmly.

"Your niece, young master. It has been 10 years since you've met her."

Somehow, I got into this body with royal blood. This could be either a coincidence or not, it's too early to conclude if Deloure has something to do with this.

"I reckon, this princess favors my mother." When I said that, he just gave me a wry smile. I expected as much.

If you thought about it, why would a princess come here just because I was missing? I don't have a good relationship with anyone so they just use this as an excuse. The real motive is still unknown.

I haven't met her yet but I could guess what it would be like if I were to see her. My puzzled look probably bothered Laure so he asked me if I had forgotten how I am related to the imperial family which I gave a small nod as a reply. While the puzzle is evident on his face, he nevertheless informed me that my father is the Emperor's brother, Razar Hughes Revarge Argos the current emperor of the Argos Empire which just overly complicates the family tree. But never mind that, as long as they won't get in my way, I can assure peaceful days for them, I couldn't promise otherwise.

However, I cannot bring my guard down since Kira is a spy, she could be a spy from the empire or anyone who could be Revarge's enemy. Apart from her stats that say, spy, there's nothing much I could figure out. I was planning to kill her but since I plan to make this family a stepping stone, I need to figure out her motives to rule out possible problems I may encounter in the future.

We have been walking for a time now and these daggerlike stares from the townspeople are getting intense as we get closer to the mansion.

Kira has been quiet this entire time. I fairly gave her a warning so I doubt she would do anything careless for the time being.

For now, let's see what this Revarge House has to offer and meet my 'family'.

A/N:

Hello everyone, hope you enjoy reading this chapter!

Thanks to my friend, for proofreading the first chapter.

Stay safe, handsome, and beautiful everyone!

See yaa!