05: Prince

I have been gone for a month but I've only spent two days in this world. Whether he has something to do with the organization or not, something is amiss with this timeline.

They told me everything that has been happening recently in the manor. My father, as they claimed to be, was fuming with anger when I suddenly disappeared, which caused a huge ruckus among the family, especially with my so-called 'mother'.

If you think I could care less about these family issues, well no. To blend in, this 'family' is exactly what I need. But given the relationship I have with them right now, it's impossible to fully use them.

'Step by step, it is then'.

Using them is a bit farfetched? Don't make me laugh, I did not come here to play house. Family? Forget about them, even in this life, family is the last thing I want.

The tenth young master they sought after for a month is no longer here, but I am, and this body is now mine. Just because he was abused by his siblings and mother doesn't mean I'd let that happen to me as well. I am not as docile as I was before because, unlike in the past, I have a goal.

"Young Master," Kira muttered, glancing back as she stopped advancing.

Seven people have been following us ever since we came out of town and went inside the forest. Judging from how they exude this certain aura, they are seasoned rogue adventurers. The town's probably too peaceful from the monster's attacks that they'd assert attacking people for looting; at this point, they are not much different from bandits.

'Heh...they are pretty unlucky.'

《Kira's POV》

I thought the young master hadn't noticed them but I was wrong.

For some reason, this young master gives off a different demeanor, like a completely different person. He was already an odd fellow to begin with, but now to describe him, rather than odd, he's more like mysterious.

The people who had been hiding behind the trees suddenly emerged demanding us to strip and give them our equipment. So they are not completely oblivious, they are fully aware of how much money they could get from just selling our stuff.

I unsheathed my sword to kill them but before I could reach the nearest guy, six of them fell limply on the ground lifeless. The only one left is the man at the back who is cowering in fear as if he's seeing a demon. His face is filled with grim, dilated eyes and shivering body. Even I and Laure aren't spared from this overwhelming pressure.

This monstrous bloodlust is no other than the young master. It's as if he is no longer human. I am barely holding onto my consciousness while Luare already passed out. Did the young master obtain forbidden power that he became this strong in a short period of time? If people were to find out about this unknown strength he holds, it would cause a huge uproar. The worst case that could happen is being haunted by the empire.

"Too much for a warmup." He blurted out. With bare hands, the young master severed his head and blood sprayed all over his clothes as if he had taken a bath in a bloody pool. He shifted his attention towards us letting out a sigh and the bloodlust was lifted.

I was catching my breath and Laure seems to be gaining his consciousness as well.

"What happened?" Laure asked surprised seeing the massacre that had occurred and the young master who was fully covered in blood. I glared at him to read the mood and he shrunk laughing awkwardly, this idiot.

"I hope you understand what this means Kira." Young master whispered as he passed by me.

A warning, no...it's not just an empty threat or baseless warning.