02: A Game-Like World

I woke up in a shabby storage room. I could see the dust visibly floating in the air and cobwebs adorned the whole place. I wouldn't be surprised if thousands of spiders are having family gatherings every day here. It seems that this has been left unused for ages and it became convenient for them to place me here.

I don't know how long I've been unconscious, but I better observe before taking any action.

I stood up and looked outside through the hole. It seems to be daytime.

But how come I am here in the first place? Am I not supposed to be transported to some sort of an uncivilized area?

Am I just overthinking?

As I was peeking through the hole. Two guards were slowly approaching in my direction - a bald and a long-haired guy.

I should play along with them for a moment. I need to find out what exactly is going on.

I lay on the floor and pretended to be sleeping. I heard the door open, and before long I felt them standing behind me.

"The hell! This guy's still sleeping. Wake him up!" The guard yelled with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

With my keen senses, I heard some small ripples of water coming towards me.

I ought to do nothing but, my body seems to have moved on its own.

"What? He fucking evaded it! This guy's pretending to sleep. You're dead now!" The baldy blurted out. The long-haired guy was also staring daggers at me.

Is this part of Deloure's bestowed power? Enhanced senses? It's pretty amazing but I'd be grateful if I had known beforehand.

"Come with us, no question asked." The long-haired guy commanded with a husky and heavy tone.

They placed handcuffs both on my hand and neck. I could feel something strange surging from it, like some kind of resistance. It's probably a device to disable me from using skills but this is pretty trash, I could break free if I wish to, but I'll have to see how things would play first.

After walking out of the shabby room I was in. We walked for at least 15 minutes until we arrived in front of a door that led to the underground. Heading down, I could smell the reeks of mixed blood, urine, crap, and decaying bodies getting stronger.

No doubt. This place is what they'd call a dungeon cell.

Why the hell are they putting me here anyway? I didn't commit any crimes, I've just arrived here.

While I was immersed in my thoughts, they pushed me into the cell and locked it.

"You stay here until an order comes in. You better behave!" The baldy said and spat in front of me. I glared at him as he flinched and hastily went away.

Coward.

Earlier, he mentioned something like an order, Is it either I will be spared or executed?

But I haven't done anything or more like, I couldn't remember anything that has happened that would led me here.

That is, only if, this body was someone else's. Then it would make more sense that I couldn't remember anything other than when I was transported here.

Deloure did mention that he would transfer my soul but he did not say anything about making me a new body. So perhaps, I've overtaken someone's body? The original soul of this body is dead then, that explains why.

"Tell me the reason why I'm here," I said to the guards but they suddenly snarled and hysterically laughed at me. I didn't mind their attitude, anyone would have the same reaction.

Reviving Destiny: The Transmigrator's Mission (Revised Version)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara