Prologue

Do you know what it feels like to live a life in misery? Well, I happened to be the one living that particular life.

The cliches where gangs tend to beat me up every day like it has become part of my daily routine.

I cannot even imagine a moment without them mobbing me. I've retaliated once and guess what, I nearly met my ancestors.

Reporting to the authorities?

Is that supposed to be a joke?

They were there but did they do anything? Nothing, and besides, I have no time to pay attention to their useless excuses, "It's just one of those kid's arguments, it happens", I'm tired of it.

My whole life is just about me getting my beating checkups and adding stickers on my face.

This day ain't that different from all the other previous days, kneeling in front of them, that is.

"Come on! Lick my shoes and I won't beat you!" He commanded as if he was giving me a salary every month.

Isn't it time to change that same dialogue every day?

"Nooo..." I said slowly while lowering my head unable to face him.

"Ah? Who said you can talk?" He annoyingly questioned and placed his foot right on my left hand pressing it on the ground.

I gritted my teeth from the pain.

Removing his foot didn't do me any good, a bone has been dislocated making it hard for me to move.

"Tsch! I lost my mood. Just beat him up!" He yelled at his lackeys behind him. They slowly approach me while tapping the truncheons on their hands.

They used to use their bare hands to inflict pain to humiliate me, but it seems like they've come up with something better.

My face paled as I felt my energy slowly leaving my body. The fervor burning within me, propping me to retaliate and put justice in my own hands vanished instantly.

I ran away from them but then I was cornered, it's a dead end.

In just a moment, they were already behind me. I wasn't able to do anything but cower on the ground as I took each of their hit.

I can consider being beaten as breathing, new bruises, as well as cuts, would adorn my skin as each day passes.

Albeit this day, the pain seems to be less unbearable.

They weren't satisfied with dislocating my hand earlier. It seems like they ought to break every bone in my body.

This time, I gained the courage to fight back, yet my body refused to listen. I no longer have the energy nor the strength to defend myself.

They continued beating me without having second thoughts.

Blood; is all they seek. I clenched my fist as their booming laughter resonated through the place.

An action movie would cower in shame after witnessing my current condition.

"He passed out."

"What a tough bastard, let's go."

My eyes remained shut as I struggled to keep my senses.

Are they gone? They left, right?

I would commend my acting skills that could win an Oscar for my play pretend.

Knowing they've already left me alone, I tried to move; finding a route of escape, but my body won't cooperate.

My whole body is completely dismantled like legos. My throat has never been parched. I screamed for help yet no sound came out.