Amends, Made Pt. 1 (New chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter

Stayed tuned for part 2 of this chapter !

Erik pov*

I knew her game. I knew exactly what she was doing. I would have taken the bait had I not felt like I would be short changed. I just needed to wait a bit longer. She wanted her cake and to eat it too. I wasn't going to play this game with her. I was quite proud when I turned her down. I was proud because I spent MONTHS fantasizing about what I'd do when I had her to myself again. Unfortunately, this wasn't that moment.

On the bright side, Analise had finally come around. Most of our discussions centered around her dolls or my cats that she was fascinated by. They eventually got accustomed to her in about a week. I taught her not to scream at them whenever she came to my house. After we finish coloring or playing in the backyard ,I'd send her home. Bia wanted to say something but she chose not to say much. Our conversations were officially—strictly Analise now.
We regressed but maybe it was for the better. I wasn't comprising. If she was mine then she was just mine and nobody else's.

The night of T'challa's party I fully prepared to see her there but we wouldn't be in the same circles. For once I was hoping to let out some steam, possibly even take somebody home tonight. Bia was seeing other people and though I knew this bullshit with Ade would fall through, it was time to get my focus off of their relationship. I knew when to fall back and though my door was always open to her, I wasn't going to keep suffering. I deserved some ass.

Stepping into the party, I'm greeted by T'challa who met me at the entrance. His birthday party was held in the ballroom. Thank god it was dark so not many people noticed me. He lead me up the balcony where his family and friends resided. Harper, Romanda, Shuri along with Okoye & Ayo who were holding hands now ? That was a bit of a shocker. The weird  part was that everyone in the room had their noses up in the air except Harper. She was the happiest to see me and embraced me as soon as I came. I noticed she died her hair black, which made her vibrant eyes even more creepy. She insisted she get me a drink.

" Hennessy ? Y'all got that yet ? ", I asked.

" We have cognac ? ", she chuckled.

" That'll work ", I shrug. She poured it into the liquor glass and handed it to me.

" You wanna' take a shot first ? ", she asked.

" Sure ", I get a shot glass and pour one for us both. We took it, she followed hers up with lime and a scrunched face. I laughed at her.

" Can you tell I'm trying desperately to enjoy anything past a cocktail ? ", she snorted.

" It's not really about enjoying it ", I sip on my cognac, feeling the burn as it goes down.

" Oh please, you're practically smiling while downing that stuff. I don't know how you or T do it ", she cringed.

" Pretty sure I lost all feeling in my mouth by the age of 19 so don't feel bad ", I chuckle

T'challa was talking to shuri who was eyeing me in the corner. After spending some work days inside of the palace they'd gotten used to my presence. We've spoken but only briefly. I don't think they expected T to invite me. As for T'challa and I's relationship, it was a very cordial business relationship and I intended on keeping it that way. From what he's told me however, Bia and Harper are thick as thieves and have been for months. I wasn't surprised, Harper rarely met somebody who wasn't a friend.

" Hey thanks for coming man ", T'challa acknowledge. I nod at him going back to my drink. I took a look past the railing trying to find someone to take home tonight. They're were a lot of beautiful women here. Usually it was easier to spot who was down to fuck if you caught someone looking at you before you looked at them. I kept scanning the dancer floor, finishing my drink. In the middle of the clearing I see two pairs of smooth sepia colored legs with 6 inch heels that wrapped around the calves. My eyes traveled up to see a curvy, busty body on the head of none other than Bia herself. The damned devil herself.