Chapter 15

Jungkook held Nicole with one hand and used the other hand to stop the ghoul from attacking them. He had gone wild, Jungkook couldn't understand why the ghoul was afraid of Nicole and yelling in pain.

The Ghoul was hungry he kept clawing at Jungkook to get to Nicole. But Jungkook held up His arm and defended them.

Nicole was shaking in fear, she wanted Jungkook to just pull her up. But the thought of the ghoul being Afraid of her made her question her own sanity. She made a quick theory, she realised that when she cut her hand and she bled that's when the ghoul snapped what if her blood caused the ghoul pain.

She spoke to herself "Well then time to find out if I'm right or wrong." She saw a sharp corner, she quickly scratched her free arm on it. It was a deep cut, she felt the pain as she screeched. A lot of Her blood dripped. She swang her arm upwards, the droplets of blood flew and hit the ghouls face, he screamed as his face burnt the moment Nicole's blood touched him. He let go of Jungkook and ran away.

Jungkook didn't care to chase him now, his first priority was Nicole. He carefully pulled her up, they sat on the ground. She was tired, she felt her body give up. She breathlessly said "I thought i was dead." Jungkook held her face and said "I won't let that happen." Jungkook touched her bleeding arm as she hissed in pain. He said "What did you do?" Nicole replied "I was making sure that what I thought was right." Jungkook's expression turned hard as if he was in anger. He said "You silly mundane! Why do you always have to threaten your life." He didn't wait for Nicole to reply. He simply pulled her onto his chest and held her as if he would've lost her.

She stayed motionlessly on his chest. She knew he heard her and came to protect her, somewhere she was glad she got to see him.

*********************************************

"Here drink some water." Nicole gave Jungkook the glass of water. She suggested him to come to her house as he was wounded and needed to heal. She bandaged her wounded arm as Jungkook drank his water and played with his fingers.

Nicole stood awkwardly in front of him. She saw him heal slowly, his scars were disappearing. She said "How have you been?"

Jungkooo bit his lip and replied "Not very well." Nicole frowned at him. She wanted to run upto him and hold him for as long as she could. But he wasn't hers.

Jungkook said "That thing up there was the leader of the ghouls we killed. He is furious and hungry, a hospital would be a very good choice to eat plus the whole scent of blood..." Nicole interrupted "What am I? What's wrong with me?"

Jungkook stared at her blankly. She walked closer to him and said "You saw what happened tonight. That thing was afraid of me." Jungkook said "I don't know why he was scared but I will..." Nicole said harshly "Damn it!"

She was frustrated scared angry and just wanted to be okay. She sat on the chair and placed her hands on the table and sinked her head in them. She spoke as tears escaped her eyes "All this week I tried to forget you to move on, I completely tried to erase your existence and all the werewolves and ghouls from my life. It hurts me so much that I can't have you and even telling that I want you to stay with me is useless. Your mate literally is better than me. I just am torn and I'm so tired of fighting... and suddenly now this monster who kills people is afraid of me... does that make me a monster too." She cried harder, hitting her palm on her chest.

Jungkook eyes swelled up seeing her like this. Why was their life like this? Couldn't they be with each other just because they loved each other. He wanted to be her everything but all he was to Nicole was a complicated lover.

He said "Your not a monster. It's not only you who suffered Nicole...... im living with the burden of never having you. Don't think so selfishly.... I would do anything to have you just say it...."

Nicole knew if she told him to leave his mate he would do it. But she couldn't it wasn't in her nature she just closed her eyes and thought what to do.

Jungkook couldn't take her silence anymore. He stood up and picked her up and placed her on the kitchen counter.

Nicole was suprised at his actions. He kept his strong arms around her and stared deep in her eyes. He leaned in as he pulled her body closer to his. He was gentle and careful with every move.

He whispered "I love you." And placed his tender lips and Nicole's trembling ones. He kissed her with every drip of passion in him. Nicole accepted it and put her arms on his muscular chest as they kissed.