"Sounds good then," they ended the call, letting Nathaniel drive home with no distractions.

_________________✍

He walked in, tossing his keys on the coffee table in the parlor. Nathaniel loosened his tie, shrugging off his blazer, holding it in his hand as he walked slowly upstairs.

Once he got into their room, he saw the bed was empty, and the shower was running in the washroom. He unbuttoned his dress shirt, discarding it, allowing it to fall to the ground, not bothering to pick it up.

Nathaniel went to the closet, pulling on a plain white tee shirt. He took off his slacks, letting them pool at the bottom of his feet before he grabbed a dark pair of trousers.

Ready, he walked out, running his hand through his perfectly styled hair. He sat at the edge of the bed, tying his shoes until something caught his attention at the corner of his eye.

Reagan's cell phone.

Without a second thought, he reached for it, easily putting in the password, his birthday, March fifth. He pulled up her recent contacts, pressing call on the name that's been troubling him for days.

He watched the washroom door warily, listening to the ring. "Reagan, sweetheart, what have I told you about the time difference here," a thick English accent, laced with sleep, called out over the phone groggily.

Nathaniel immediately hung up the phone, getting up quickly off the bed, practically running out of his bedroom.

_________________✍

Mya and Nathaniel finally made it into the club after waiting in the impossibly long line. She immediately dragged him over to the bar, pulling him with her two hands on his wrist.

She called out to the bartender, asking for two of their strongest, but sweetest, drinks. He left them, going to fulfill their requests, while Mya scooted closer to Nathaniel, her hand rubbing his thigh.

He didn't think much of it, letting her continue with her act. The drinks were placed in front of them, Nathaniel downed it in one go, instantly regretting it from the familiar sting that burned his throat.

Mya took a minimizing sip, pushing it in his direction, "I think you need this more than I do," she smiled. He licked his lips, liking the cherry after taste it left behind.

Nathaniel let out a breath, "I've had a long day, Mya," he gratefully took it, this time, only taking big gulps, growing fond of the slight burn it left behind.

She beckoned the bartender over, "keep 'em coming," she said, standing off of the stool, pulling Nathaniel to his feet. "Well, Nathaniel, it's my job to help you forget," she gave him a shot glass filled with Vodka, "now, let loose," she exclaimed, dragging him to the dance floor.

He stumbled, almost tripping against his own two feet, Mya giggled, tilting her head to the side. "You don't feel like dancing, huh," she asked.

Nathaniel shook his head quickly from side to side, but quickly regret it at the small dizzy spell he recieved. "I need another drink," he intertwined their hands together, pulling her back over to the bar.

Picking up one of the many drinks that littered the counter, he drank it, letting out a content sigh once the glass was empty. He dropped it and turned to Mya who was already staring at him, her gaze intense.

"Let's go somewhere quiet," he gulped, nodding, letting her drag him towards an empty, dimly lit room, the feel good music almost completely drowned out.

It was peaceful.

Mya ran her dainty little fingers through his hair, pulling him impossibly close. She smiled, her cool breath fanning his face, their lips literally centimeters apart. Yet, she stayed still, waiting patiently for him to continue where she left off.