Chapter 19

October 8th, 2014 (Reagan is 15 weeks and 2 days, Alana is 15 weeks and 1 days)

Nolan is on the side.

Reagan tossed and turned all night, just like the last. Sleeping had been a difficult task lately, and she only had one person to thank for that.

"Don't tell her, Andrew, please".

She went to the washroom, examining her appearance through the mirror with a grimace. Blood shot eyes, tear stained cheeks, her hair up in a tangled wad, lazily placed in a bun.

So much, she wanted to get that video out of her head, but she couldn't. She started watching it in a fit of giggles at the beginning, and ended up drowning in her tears at the end.

Obviously, it was an accident. That video was not meant for her eyes, Hell, she was pretty sure they didn't even know the camera was still rolling.

But, the damage was done.

The image of Nathaniel with another woman, Mya of all people, felt as if someone ripped her heart out and stomped on it repeatedly.

He didn't come home that night, probably over at Mya's place, Reagan thought bitterly. Why her? What did she do to deserve this? All those thoughts kept swarming her mind in an angry loop.

Nothing made sense to her anymore. Especially when he told Andrew she was cheating on him. What on earth brought that idea in his head? Reagan would never so much as look at another man, she had him and that's all she needed.

Although, the way it seemed, she was not what he needed.

That one thought brought a lone tear rolling down her cheek, followed by many more until she was in hysterics. It's like all she did lately was cry, tear after tear, tissue after tissue. Rather tiring cycle, i must say.

She willed herself to strip down and hop into the shower, wash up all the muck from her body. Nolan had finally arrived, Nathaniel would not ruin that for her. Well, at least she hoped he wouldn't.

Reagan got out, dressing up quickly in a big cream colored sweater and black skinny jeans. The weather had gotten increasingly cooler lately, and also including the fact that this was one of the few things that didn't show her baby bump.

Getting the band from around her wrist, she pulled it over her head, getting her hair in a neat bun. Well, as neat as it would get with her wild natural curls.

Taking one more look at the mirror, she heaved out a breath at her still slightly red eyes. She turned on the tap, splashing water on her face once before turning it off and leaving the washroom, grabbing her keys and cell phone, then exited the bedroom.

The closer she got downstairs, the louder the familiar snores became. She turned a corner, peeking slightly to see Nathaniel's large body sprawled over the couch, half hanging off.

She almost cooed at the sight, but quickly shook that thought out of her mind. Reagan sighed, another thing she'd been doing a lot of lately, and went to the small closet in the corridor, retrieving a small, fluffy blanket.

Reagan pushed his fallen body back on the couch, careful of waking him, putting a pillow under his head. Although, she wouldn't mind putting it over his face either. She pulled the blanket up, covering him as best as she could, then left the room with a pair of cream flats in hand.

Today will be a good day, she kept chanting.

It had to be.

_________________✍