Chapter 18*

Warning: sexual content.

October 7th, 2014 (Reagan is 15 weeks and 1 days, Alana is 15 weeks)

Nathaniel looked on at his reflection through the mirror, straightening his crooked tie. He grimaced at the prominent dark circles under his eyes from his lack of sleep.

He walked out the washroom, sighing sadly at Reagan's sleeping figure. She was laying on her stomach, which frightened him very much. Nathaniel went over to her side, rolling her over on to her back.

She squirmed and shifted uncomfortably, about to roll back to her earlier position. Nathaniel placed his hand on her bump, rubbing it around in comforting circles, watching as her eyes fluttered open.

Reagan groaned, shutting her eyes tightly at the bright morning sun evading it. "Why are you up so early," Reagan asked groggily, her voice heavily laced with sleep.

He smiled at that. "Work, I'll be back in a couple hours," Nathaniel said while grabbing his watch off the dark nightstand.

She nodded, rubbing her eyes. Opening it with a slight squint, Reagan's lips twitched upward in a small smile. "Alright, I love you," before putting her head down on the comfortable and inviting pillow.

Nathaniel nodded, but didn't say anything, and instead walked out of the bedroom, leaving behind a confused and tired Reagan in his wake.

It had been like this for three days straight.

He was slowly, but surely, withdrawing from Reagan. As much as he wanted to assume that what he heard was nothing, he couldn't just let it slide either.

Who was Nolan?

Never had he heard that name before, so why now? Now, Nathaniel was never the jealous type, but it just seemed too suspicious. He sighed, picking up his car keys and going to the garage, getting in of of his many cars.

Maybe it was just an old friend of hers, he reasoned. Friends say they love eachother, right? Friends cheer eachother up when the other is feeling down.

Nothing to be worried about, nothing at all. He pulled up to his law firm, parking in his reserved spot.

Not unless she gave him a reason to.

_________________✍

Nathaniel locked up his office, tired of a long days work. All he wanted to do right now was crawl up in bed with his girlfriend, and take a much needed nap.

He clicked the button, waiting patiently for the elavator to open, and then his cell phone rang. He took it out his pocket, reading the name that popped up in bright letters, smiling a little.

Answering, he put it up to his ear, the elavator dinged, opening the door. "Hey Mya," he answered, walking inside.

She replied back cheerily, "Hey, I was wondering if you would want to do something today".

Nathaniel nodded, "yeah, sure, what did you have in mind," he looked at his watch, checking the time.

"I was hoping we could go to Enigma, you know, the club downtown," she questioned, her voice almost sounding nervous.

The elavator dinged again, letting him out at the last floor, he waved goodbye at a fellow employee. "Okay, we can meet up there, what time," he asked, getting in his car.

"Seven, seven thirty, around that time," she replied, unsure.

"It's fine, I'll just go home and change, we could go grab a bite before the club," he suggested with a shrug of his shoulders.