Give it time

My doorbell rang exactly 1pm. Sam was standing at the door, along with three other kids from my school. Jack Ryan is the co-captain of the football team. Allie Crane is his girlfriend. Then there's Ashlynn Colby whose madly in love with Sam but pretended she didn't after he denied her request their sophomore year. Sam was just too kind to end their friendship all together.

"Hi" I mumble.

My voice was pretty sore from on the on and off crying for the past few days.

"Mackenzie, you look a mess." Allie says.

"What's wrong?" Sam asks looking sadly at me.

"I got dumped. It's okay though. It's just a break."

Allie and Ashlynn wraps their arms around me.

"That sucks "Jack says.

"It's okay, I think I'm done crying. It was a complex relationship anyways."

Ashlynn narrows her head at me. "You didn't tell us much about this boy. Just that his name was Jake."

"Yeah his name is Jake and he has these big brown eyes. He's nineteen and he's absolutely amazing. We won't see each other for a while so he decided it'd be best if we broke up." I tell them.

Jake told me that no one could know where he was. That he needed to stay away from everything. So I never told anyone that I was dating Jake t. Austin. I never showed them a picture of us together. Nothing. It's as if our relationship isn't real at all.

"We're going to the beach. We came to get you." Sam says.

"I figured." I respond looking at the beach ball and the hat on Allie's head. "I look a mess."

"We'll wait for you to get ready. Just come, please? For me?" he says and sticks out his bottom lip.

"Fine, come inside. I'll just be a minute."

My sister is with her new boyfriend, Joe, ripped guy who spends most of his time at beaches or amusement parks. My dad's at his job. Then there's my mom who's still sightseeing around California as if we haven't been here for months.

I ran to my room leaving them in the lounge. I tie my hair back into a loose ponytail. I rub my lip balm against my dry lips and pulled off my sweats. I change into my bathing suit and throw my dress over me. Mom had bought me dresses so that I would dress for the California weather. I had refused to wear any of them till now. As much as I hated myself for it, I wanted to look good for Sam. I wanted him to keep wanting me.

"You look amazing." Allie says when I come down the stairs.

"Wow, all this for me. I'm flattered." Sam jokes.

"Come on. I don't want to be here when my mom gets home."

We get in jacks car and drive to the beach. I forget the thought of Jake and all that had happened. I was going to be blissful in this moment, with Sam.

Stupid LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara