Trouble

"You guys are late." Jace says as we walk into the comic book store.

I roll my eyes. "Five minutes isn't that late."

"late enough" he retorts.

      Nikki steps inbetween us.

"We came to fisk this problem. I'm not losing anyone. Jace did a crappy thing but we have to move on." She says.

Kyle laughs. "It was more than  crappy. That isn't the point though. Jake is with Mac and that makes him apart of us."

Nikki nods in agreement."So can we all sit and talk. We're gonna lay everything on the table. Say whatever and then that's it. This feud is over."

    We look at eachother and walk awkwardly towards the table. I hold unto Jakes hand. I needed him to know that whatever was said today, it wouldn't change my mind about him.

"Omg, Jake can you please sign this?" It was a girl, a little younger than us. She handed him the comic book she just bought.

"I didn't write it. Don't you want the real creator to sign it?" Jake responds calmly.

The girl smiles. "He's one of those underground guys. I won't ever meet him but I got to meet you. Thats incredible enough."

Jake takes the book from her. "Whats your name?"

"Alice Demsey" she responds quickly.

    Jake signs the book and hands it back to the girl. She wraps her arms around him and he doesn't fight her off. This was a long hug, should I be jealous?

"Bye Jake" the girl says and runs out the store.

       Jake looks at me and smile. So incredible.

"Anyways can we get back to whatever we're doing here." Jace says.

Nikki nods. "Yeah I think you should start Jace. You have the most to say anyways."

He shrugs her off. "I'm sorry Jake for kissing Mac right infront your face. It was a jerk move. Yet i'm not sorry to you Mac. You kissed me back, I didnt force you to that. I just think this is all unfair. I was here first. I loved you first. When your parents divorced I was there wiping the tears as they rolled down your cheek. You never said thank you. You just left me for him."

    Thats all he said. He became quiet after that, we all did.

"I think Mac should go last, let Jake go." Nikki says.

Jake laughs quietly as if to himself. "I don't have much to say. I'm the new one here. The odd guy out. I don't want to ruin anyones friendship but Jace has to know. I love her. I love everything about her. I haven't known her as long as you have but I understand her way more than you do. She chose me, its time to move on."

"Move on?" Jace replies. "how do you let go of someone you've loved for as long as you could remember?"

"I don't want you to let go." I say breaking my silence. "You're my bestfriend Jace. I don't want to lose you. You have to understand I'm with Jake now. I love him."

"If you love him Mac, I can't be your friend." he says getting up from the table. "its too hard."

"Jace please stay." I beg.

      I watch him walk out the shop and disappear into the street.

"Well that went well." Nikki says. "can the four of us hang out by your house? We need to catch up."

I nod. "Yeah definitely."

    I probably should have told them my dad came home. Nikki and my father, well they weren't exactly on a first name basis. Not after what she did when he cheated on my mother.