Spiral

Things felt almost normal. It was probably because Jace wasn't there. We just sat there and talked. Jake was apart it. He fits in like he's been with us forever. 

"Atleast you have two normal friends." Jake says when there gone.

"Jace is just complicated. You know that." I tell him.

He raises his eyebrows up at me. "you defend him a lot."

"Dude, are you jealous? After everything that was said today."I say and laugh.

He pecks my cheek. "Your dad said he had to talk to you. I should go."

"No, stay. I probably won't start cursing at him if your here."

He laughs. "Sure."

    He pulls me down the stairs being him and into the kitchen where my father is. Mom's there too and my sister.

"family reunion?" I joke.

"She's going to kill you both. Mac I had no part in this decision." my sister says and quickly kisses my cheek.

"What decision?" I say looking angrily at my parents.

   I could feel Jake's hand playing with mine, so I take a deep breath. Calm down, Mac, it'll be okay.

"Tell me"

Mom walks over to me and places her hand on my shoulder. "Your father got this really great job in California. It could really open doors for us."

"So what? he's leaving again. I didn't expect him to stay." I reply.

"Mom and dad have been hooking up." Chelsea says stepping between us. "There back together and mom sees this California thing as a fresh start for all of us."

"Chelsea!" Mom snaps at her.

She rolls her eyes. "You guys were taking too long. She would be angrier if you told her."

"I'm not leaving" I don't scream or yell. I just look at them. "You can't do that to me. After everything you guys put me through. No way mom."

"You don't have a choice Mackenzie." She says in a fair tone.

That's when the tears came. I've only cried a few times. When my parents divorced and when Jake broke up with me. I'm sure there were other times but those are the only two that mattered.

"There's only one month of school left. I'll be a senior after summer. I can take care of myself." I argue.

"We're done talking. We leave on Monday."she responds.

"That's it. Your giving me two days to say goodbye to everything. I hate you. Both of you."

     I run up the stairs dragging Jake behind me. I grab my suitcase off the bed and begin to throw all my clothes inside. My eyes were tired and watery. The tears flowed over every few seconds.

"What are you doing?" Jake says pulling at my arm.

"I'm running away Jake. I can't move to California. I won't see you anymore. I won't see my friends anymore." I cry.

He hugs me. I bury my face in his shirt. "You can't run Mac. You need to go. You need to be with your family."

The tears come faster. Did he really just tell me to go? "What about us Jake? my friends?"

"We'll find each other, trust me. I love you okay. I love you like crazy." He says and presses his lips against mine.

   I close the door. I push Jake over unto the bed and he laughs a little. I throw my shirt to the floor and walk over to him.

"Right now?" he says, a thick grin across his face.

I smile. "Now or never."

       He pulls me unto him. We're lost in eachother. Lost in the hope of forever. I was angry. I loved Jake. This would make my parents angry  beyond words. So I did it and it was perfect.