five

we continued walking along the blue track, chatting and laughing

we continued walking along the blue track, chatting and laughing. it was fun. we even spotted tucker and again veronica told me how lucky i am. how lucky i was to have such a handsome young man in my life. but in reality I wasn't as lucky as she thought I was.

then all of a sudden, with all this boy talk, veronica called out, "ARCHIE!"

i chuckled as betty whipped her head around to glare at veronica who just smirked back in response. "you're so doing this!"

"what?" betty asked, confused.

"slaying your dragons, betty cooper, one by one." veronica gushed, watching as the red head said goodbye to his friends to jog over and meet us.

"hi, teen-outlander!" veronica smiled brightly.

"hey," archie returned the smile, looking at betty and Veronica, taking in their new appearance, "nice outfits."

"ahem," i coughed, twirling around in my own romper, making the girls laugh beside me.

archie rolled his eyes, "your outfit is nice too, you goofball."

"thank you," i curtsied, turning to veronica who then announced, "betty here has something she wants to ask you about the back-to-school dance."

betty smiled, angrily at veronica who ushered her to go on and speak. "i was wondering if you wanted to come with both of us."

the last part was a bit of a shock, making veronica and archie say in unison, "huh?"

the two stared at betty to explain, the girl sighing out, "it's your first dance at Riverdale. you should have someone to go with, even if it is just a friend."

veronica picked at her fingernails, nervously, "i mean i'd love to."

archie spoke up, "im not really in the headspace for a dance."

"oh, that's okay." betty confessed, her heart obviously broken by the way her tone came from her mouth.

"why what's on your mind?" i questioned, raising an eyebrow. archie just shook his head, probably not wanting to discuss it but he knew I'd be spamming his ass later with imessages.

"totally unacceptable, archiekins! we need an escort! take a break from being a tortured musical genius and come spend a blissful evening with not one, but two newly-minted river vixens. we'll text you time and place."

archie chuckled softly, agreeing, "okay. yeah, okay. bye."

he hurried off to meet his football friends in the locker room, and the three of us turned to each other and squealed. betty and Archie we're finally going together to a dance, even though it was accompanied by veronica, it was still something. and i could not wait for the two of them to get all close and personal with each other this weekend.