-41-

<Val pov>

It was already in the evening, Krys and Dley had left the hospital to buy food for all of us. They wanted to stay over with me another night and I didn't protest. I was still considering JYP nim's question. I didn't know, my heart wants him but my mind disagreed.

"Rest your mind, don't think about it too much kay?" Jan asked and sat opposite me.

"I don't have a lot of time, I just wanna talk to him but I have no courage," I mumbled. "Well, I have to go help unnie real quick... they said that they bought food you love~ rest first okay?" She pat my shoulder and I nodded, playing with the blanket out of boredom.

Suddenly the door pushed open when I was turning around to take my phone. "Unnie? Your back so soon?" I questioned, not turning around but thinking it was Jan. No reply... heavy breathing... cologne that was vaguely familiar... oh my god...

I spun around sharply, almost falling over and for some reason, I started to feel tears surface. Jinyoung... the person my heart ached to see but also the person I dreaded to meet. I wanted to speak but my voice was stuck in my throat and not coming out. His hair was damp with sweat and his breathing was raspy like he just ran.

"Jinyoung... sunbae-nim..." it hurt me to say that instead of oppa but... I had to right? At least that was what i thought. He ran over to me and hugged me. I wanted to push him away and be cold, glare at him and start hurling all my pain and angst his way but my heart felt at ease being in his arms once again. My body, mind and will slowly melted in the contentment of being in his arms.

After some time, he finally let go of me, gently pushing me backwards a little. The suddenly coldness from the aircon that hit my skin after he stopped hugging me jolted me back to reality. I tried being cold, it just made me break down more.

"Why did you hug me? You arms are contaminated with the germs from another woman," I glared at him but slowly my eyes were glossed with a layer of salty tears. Upon my words, he looked at me with an expression of pain and guilt, something I didn't see that day when he cheated. Something I wanted so badly to see to know that I still had hope in believing that he loves me. Something that would finally put my heart at ease.

"Val..." he said softly and put his warm soft hands on my cheek, cupping my face, I shuddered under his touch that I yearned for, "Val I love you and only you..." he connected our foreheads. My heart was going to burst from happiness. He said the words I would have died for.

"But you-" I tried to say and shook my head, it wasn't true... was it? I don't want to be led on again.

"Val... jagiya... I never meant it please... I love you and only you... I don't know why I did it... I got jealous and mad just at seeing you with another man... I'm sorry. I don't love her, she's not the person that I want to be with, it's you, no one can replace you please believe me," he said in a desperate tone, emotions spilling out together with his words. I choked on my own words that got stuck in my throat.

I wasn't prepared for what happened next though. Seeing him made my heart flutter at a ridiculously abnormal pace but this made my heart move faster than the signal from my brain that tells my body what to do. And any science student could tell that was hella fast.

He took out a small black velvet box from his pocket and opened it, staring at me with hopeful eyes. He took out the small delicate ring that was and took my right hand.

"Your still young and all... but this is a promise ring... I'm sorry about what happened before... really I love you and only you... you hurting yourself pains me so much... please forgive me?" He said uncertaintly, holding up the promise ring. I nodded tearfully, I was going to forgive him. I myself couldn't live without him... so why not, I honestly think it was the right thing to do.

He suddenly slipped the promise ring onto my fourth finger on my right hand and hugged me. I hugged him back tightly, like I would lose him again if I let go. I missed his scent, his hugs and his sweet words so much, having them all again, I was euphoric.

"My name is carved inside of the ring and my ring has your name carved on the inside," he pulled away and smiled, flashing his fourth finger on his right hand to show me the ring. I looked at the ring with a smile. This was the most happy I could be ever.

The sliver ring belongs to Val and the gold one belongs to Jinyoung

(Credits to rightful owners)***

"What if your fans..." I started, thinking about the problems that may happen. I mean JYP even thought of separating us... I don't blame him but we have to show JYP that we are ready and will take this professionally both our work and this relationship.

"We will tell them," he smiled and kissed me. Oh my god Jinyoug kissed me again. This was what I wanted. To have him all to myself. We pulled away just in time when the door opened.

"Oh my god cheater alert!!" Dley shouted and ran towards him, pushing him away and trying to shield me from him. In the mist, throwing some kind of food up, and thank god the food was packaged and sealed, and also the fact that krys managed to catch the food, saving it from an unworthy death.

"Unnie," I chuckled lowly, "its fine we made up..."

"Ehh?? Are you getting married??" Jan suddenly yelled, noticing the ring and ran to me, she had a sharp eye for shiny things, like Dley, she threw the food which once again Krys managed to catch. Turns out Dley and Jan were both carrying packaged and sealed food, luck for all of us. Krys is a legend though.

"No Jan, its a promise ring," I smiled happily and glanced at Jinyoung who was dusting his clothes after being shoved away roughly by Dley.

"Oh my god this is so cute!! Go update your accounts!! Now!!" Krys yelled and rushed over to me again throwing the food up in the air, why do they keep doing that... nevermind... Krys will catch it... WAIT KRYS WAS THE ONE WHO THREW IT!!.

Soon enough as expected, food flew everywhere...

"KRYS!!!"

A/n, a chapter full of cringe and its short too... sorry, hope you enjoyed 😊❤ *unedited*