A Spiritual Connection

(Y/n)'s POV

After everyone finished eating we all got everything we needed in order to start looking for clues on how to get me home. Once we had everything we went out of our rooms and began to head outside of town. While walking we heard from the locals that there have been massive mobs of Heartless in three areas. The forest, the caves, and the lakes that were nearby.

We reached the outskirts of town and we decided to split up. Lea wanted to head to the lakes, Riku and Kairi decided to head to the caves, which left me and Sora with the forest. "Remember once you defeat all the Heartless in the area meet back at the Inn." I said sternly to the others. They nodded and we all went on our separate ways.

While walking to the forest I couldn't help but blush, since Sora was right next to me. I don't understand why I'm so flustered when I'm alone with him. I shouldn't feel this way, but I do. Which brought many questions to me. What happens if we do manage to find a way back to my world? I'll lose my only friends and head back to a world where I'll be alone. And if I head back... I won't be able to keep my promise to Roxas. I promised that I would bring him back, him and his friends. I'm starting to think heading back home is a bad idea, but what can I do? Sora wants to help me, but I can't say no to him.

I then felt something on my shoulder, and when I looked I saw Sora's hand. "Hey are you okay?" He asked very concerned. "Y-Yeah I'm fine." I responded with a fake smile. "You're lying to me." I was mentally freaking out! "N-No I'm not." I respond. "You're stuttering. That's proof that you're lying." Now I was freaking out physically. "H-How did you-" he interrupted me. "Remember that bruise you got from 'running into a pole'? I know you got punched, plus poles can't make a bruise that big and dark."

I was surprised at how he knew I was lying. I thought I was very convincing with that. But I guess not and he saw right through me. "Y-Yeah, sorry for lying to you." He shook his head at me. "It's alright, and once we find you a way home I'm going to find the person that punched you and give them a taste of my fist." He said that with a smile. I sweatdropped. "Okay let's not go that far."

We then reached the forest and I felt a very sinister presence inside. I was scared, but Sora looked at me and gave me a smile. That calmed me down and I took in a deep breath. We then walked into the forest, ready to face any Heartless.

Once we walked in the sinister feeling felt stronger, and I felt I was being watched everywhere I went. I began to shiver as we walked as this was giving me chills down my spine. Sora took notice and extended his hand towards me. I blush as he's trying to console me. I looked at him and I smiled bright, and I grabbed his hand. Once I grabbed it I felt more at ease and comfortable. I felt safe when he was around.

But as soon as the moment started, it ended with a bunch or Heartless appearing out of nowhere! "Geez these things have terrible timing! They couldn't give us at least a couple more minutes?" I yelled in my mind. I got into a battle stance while Sora did the same. "Let's do this!" Sora exclaims as he runs into battle with his keyblade in hand. He began to fight the Heartless left and right and I tried to support as best as I could. "FIRA!" I yelled and a ball of fire was released from my hands. It hit one of the Heartless and it disappeared. "Alright keep going!" Sora yelled. "Right!" I yelled back. "BLIZZARA!"

Once the last of the Heartless were defeated, we both took in a deep breath. I suddenly felt dizzy, and I began to lose my balance. Sora ran to me and caught me before I fell. "Hey are you okay?" Sora asked with concern. "Y-Yeah I'm just dizzy." Sora frowned at me. "Your body must not be used to casting so much magic. You need to rest." "N-No I'm fine." I kept saying.

But out of the corner of my eye I saw something. It didn't look like a Heartless, and it didn't show anything sinister. But as soon as it appeared it disappeared. "Hey wait!" I yelled and I ran after the figure. "(Y/n) hold on!"