t w o

Stepping into the elevator, I struggle to push the button as I am trying to hold to overflowing bags of groceries. I end up jabbing the button with my elbow, ha.

Its currently Sunday, and I start my new job tomorrow. I am very excited to start actually, I have always wanted to work at a school, just not a teacher. And I'm good with organizing things, so I guess working with the studen'ts reports and such is a good job for me.

The elevator dings to my floor and I step out, my arms sore from carrying these heavy bags. I struggle opening my door, and accidentally drop my keys on the ground. About to bend down, another hand reaches them before I do. Looking up, I see a boy with beautiful hazel eyes, dimples and curly light brown hair.

"Here, you dropped these," he says, smiling.

"Thanks."

"No worries, I'm Ashton by the way," he says, holding out a hand.

"Alaska," I smile, shaking it. "So do you live in this building?" I ask, trying to avoid conversation over my crazy name.

Ashton shakes his head and laughs lightly, "No, but my mate actually lives in the apartment across from this one."

"Oh," I say, furrowing my brows. "You're friends with Luke?"

Ashton smiles and nods, "Yep, you met him?"

"Unfortunately," I huff, " He was a bit rude though."

Ashton just laughs, "That's Luke for you."

Suddenly the door to Luke's apartment opens and he steps out, wearing a nirvana tank top and black skinny jeans. "What the hell, Ash? What's the hold up?" He snaps at Ashton, completely ignoring the fact that I am standing right in front of him.

"Nothing," Ashton smiles, completely unnafected by the rudeness Luke was showing towards him, "Just helping Alaska."

"Well fucking hurry up, we have stuff to get done," Luke grumbles.

"Alright," Ashton grumbles, "Well is was nice meeting you Alaska," he turns to me and smiles, showing his cute dimples yet again.

"You too," I say. Luke rolls his eyes at our friendly encounter and slams the door as Ashton enters his apartment. It continues to puzzle me how Luke is so rude. How on earth did he get such a nice friend like Ashton?

Unpacking my groceries, I start to wonder. What the hell did I do to Luke to make him so cruel towards me?