Chapter 8: our past

February 19 2018, 7:00 pm
Head station in Seoul
Co chief's office

After your phone call with Jin, he told you to meet him in his office. So you did just that.

You headed inside the building, on your way to the elevator, you were greeted by a few colleagues. You were quite popular amongst your peers although you were just assigned into the station not long ago. You still remember when you first got the acceptance latter, you were at your house watching a horror moving with Jimin when a notification popped up on your phone screen, the sound nearly scared you the death, even so you weren't the one who read the email, Jimin was,

' ugh, you're taking too long, I'll read it! '

He state while you were freaking out of the possible outcome of your entrance exam. But after Jimin told you you were accepted, you couldn't believe him, so you read the whole letter again while an annoyed ( but proud) Jimin sat beside you. Speaking about the little  dwarf , he was actually the reason why you even decided to become a detective. Well it was more like his mom influenced you.

  When you were little, your parents were never really around. So you were living with your grandmother, but everything was well but then she passed.

  Jimin at the time was your neighbor whom you didn't really get along with, but your grandmother and his grandmother were best friends. So Mrs Park took you in. Mrs Park was a high ranking policeWomen, she was nice, caring and always told you to be yourself. She welcomed you with opened arms when she heard that her mother's old friend passed away. But Jiminie on the other hand, not so much. You guys hated each other till death. But after an incident, you two became partners in crime, you guys with inseparable.

  After high school, you and Jimin unrolled into the same college, but because he was older than you by a year, he graduated first and took the police enrollment exam first. You didn't really know what you wanted to do after you graduate, you were an average student.

You actually met and befriended Jin and Namjoon before you took the enrollment test. You, Jimin and Joonie met at a bar. You guys were celebrating your graduation. When you guys were ordering drinks, Jimin saw Namjoon whom he thought looked familiar, so your all so friendly Jimin went to say hi. But when Jimin asked was he here alone well, Namjoon started to ball his eyes out, saying that his ' partner ' left him.

  Seeing his drunk state, you guys stayed with him, well more like he wouldn't let go of Jimin's shirt. But after a few more minutes of you two trying to calm down the man, a tall handsome man walked up to you guys and whacked the back of the crying man's head which ironically made him stop crying and finally letting of Jimin's now tear soaked shirt to cling on the other male's uniform.

  Turns out, those two were police partners and they were supposed to drink together but the older man couldn't come.

  And the look on Jimin's face was priceless when he found out the two were his bosses.

  The thought made you smile, you knew everything about Jimin and vice versa. From he's first girlfriend to that one time he stuffed newspapers into his Converse for his high school new book photo. Even his two old best friends from preschool.

Yup, you knew everything about him.

His past, his present, his future, he told you everything.

And you stood by his side, even when he was in a gang.