Chapter 1: Hope

Hi anyone reading this, I would just like to say thank you for reading and I really appreciate you even clicking on my book.
I would really appreciate any comments that you would leave to let me know what you think and also if any one would like to give me a new cover it would be greatly appreciated,
Sincerely E xoxo
Oh and that's Raph up there isn't he a hottie! Grrrr!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

The echo of my footsteps bounced off the dull grey walls as I walked down the corridor.

My white hair bounced on my back with every step I took, marking me for what I was; an outcast. A single streak of black being the only colour to break the blinding whiteness of my hair.

My wings stretched and fluttered behind me, not quite ready to be hidden under my clothing.

But it was necessary, humans couldn't know that I exist, that anything other than humans exist.

My mission is, and forever will be, to protect the human race in all its innocence and naïve beliefs.

Tucking my wings as close to my body as possible, I throw on my leather jacket.

Graffiti covered lockers and walls pass by, my gaze never wavering from the door in front of me.

It was nothing special, plain brown wood, beaten and drawn on with a dull metal number in the middle of it, and it was just like all the other doors lining the corridor on both sides.

The only difference is, it's the door to my own personal hell.

I've never actually been to hell yet, I could if I wanted to, it just isn't all that appealing to me. Screams of terror echoing off the walls of flame engulfed pits carved out by the devil himself, the smell of blood and burning flesh assaulting your nostrils and the taste of fear lingering in the air, coating your tongue and staying with you for the rest of your life, which is a very long time for me.

Yeah, no thank you.

Now this room isn't that bad but, oh dear God, could I strangle some of the people inside it. This was the door to Sex Ed.

I've been around for centuries, hopping from country to country, kicking ass, slaying demons and learning the ins and outs of mankind.

Sex Ed is not a necessary class for me to take but it is the first class demons target when they enter a high school.

Demons, the perverted buggers, believe that just because you're in Sex Ed, you're an easy lay who'll do anything for a good time, including selling your soul to the Devil.
In reality though, Sex Ed is the easiest A you will ever get, meaning that this classroom is full of slackers, not sluts.

Finally reaching the door to the classroom, I press my hand down on the cool metal of the door handle and watch as it swings inwards.

Everyone in the classroom suddenly stops what they were doing and turn to face me.

My eyes scan the room and my nose twitches but there is no evidence of a demon, so I slowly cross the threshold and walk towards the teacher's desk at the front of the classroom.

The students watch from their seats, analysing my every move and trying to decide why I'm here.

I have a small problem, being immortal, I stopped ageing when I turned eighteen.

That was over 1000 years ago.

This means I have to start a new school every year, until anyone who could remember me has either; lost their mind, moved or died. I don't make friends when I enter a new school, it's too complicated and the heartbreak and overwhelming feeling of lose when they leave is too much to handle.

Whilst I'm standing in front of the teacher, discussing my reasons for being late, the door opens and the obnoxious creak echoes in the classroom.

I don't turn around to see what's going on, but from the sounds of feminine sighs and heavy footsteps hitting the ground, I could assume the new late comer is of the male gender.

His footsteps stop behind me and the heat radiating from his body hits my back, surrounding me in a cocoon of warmth.
Fingers tangle themselves in the waves of my hair and raise them to, what I assume to be, his nose.

I turn quickly, infuriated that this stranger touched me, when my nose finally picks up his scent and a feeling of dread settles over me.

My light blue, almost white, eyes raise to meet his twinkling black orbs and my hands curl into fists, ready for a fight.

One word zips through my mind and ignites the deep, fiery hatred inside.

Demon.