Chapter 1 Abused

I lay on the floor of the kitchen bloodied and bruised.. I couldn't help but to think to myself 'how could he treat me like this? My own father.. the one man that's supposed to be here for me no matter what.. how could he do this?'

****

I was making dinner for my father as usual when he came flying through our apartment door...

"YOU STUPID LITTLE BITCH!"

I stood by the stove eyes wide and praying he would just yell instead of physically hurting me again but I knew being beaten was the norm for me now. In a flash his fist flew to my cheek knocking me to the floor and onto my butt. As he continued to pummel my face and body kicking and punching I yelled out in horror begging him to let up.

" No please! I don't know what I did! Please!! DAD PLEASE STOP!"

I tried to cover myself as best as I could but I am no match for his speed and strength. I could feel the warm red liquid dripping from my lip and eyebrow. I could feel the swelling already forming in my eyes and my ribs were already sore from the hits.

He had finally stopped hitting me but gave no explanation as to why he did it... He just stormed out of the apartment still fuming. That's usually how it happened. He would beat me and leave without any word. I knew he was just taking his anger out on me any chance he had.

I laid on the floor for a few more minutes till I could finally gather the strength to pick myself up and walk to the bathroom. I slowly closed the door behind me turning to the mirror staring at myself taking in the sight of blood and bruises. The tears poured out of my eyess and I couldn't stop them.. Slowly and cautiously I took off my shirt and pants... I stood in my underwear staring at my bruised body letting my thoughts run wild with questions I could never answer. 'I have to get the fuck out of here..How could he do this to me? He's my father. He raised me.. How could he do this??'

****

My father use to tell me how much I looked like my mother more and more each day but after some time the way he would say it was as if it disgusted him. He said it as if he couldn't stand to even look at me anymore... When my mother left us my father took it hard. He started using drug until his addiction took a hold of him and he turned into a monster. He started mentally abusing me at six years old up until I hit 18. That's when he started in on the physical torture and It was every day I was being slapped, punched, kicked, or thrown into a wall.

****
A few days later I was still bruised and sore from the beating my father bestowed upon me and it didn't help that every chance he got he would smack or shove me out of his way. I had actually developed kind of a tough skin for the abuse so at this point it didn't bother me as much as it use to.

Later in the day my best friend Sophie had called me to go to the beach to relax so I got up, got dressed and headed out. It was a beautiful day but still kind of chilly in the city of San Francisco but I decided on walking instead of taking a cab or trolley, plus it wasn't too far of a walk to get there.

As I walked I noticed a black SUV was trailing me. It was a surprise I had noticed it at all because i'm in a city full of cars but I noticed it had followed me around every corner which was odd.

Eventually, I ended up at the beach where my bestie Sophie was. I took a look around for good measure and the car was gone. I thought to myself 'hmmm maybe it was just in my head'....

"Hey Sophi!"

We hugged

"Heyyyy Ari! ..... Oh my gosh... your face... did he do this to you again?"

Ari's face fell from a smile to a frown.

"WHY DO YOU PUT UP WITH HIS SHIT ARI!"

"Soph I know! I have nowhere to go. Do you think I like this shit? I know I have to get out of here but where do I go?.."

Sophie sighed

"I'm know I'm sorry Arianna.. I just hate seeing you bruised up all the time. You're too beautiful to be treated this way.. he's a monster.. you have to do something about this."

"I know... I'll figure something out. I promise."

"Don't promise me.. promise yourself."

Us girls hugged again then sat in the sand for hours talking about life and how to get me out of California as fast as possible before my dad hurt me beyond repair both mentally and physically.

When the sun began to set us girls parted ways and headed home. For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about the SUV that was following me earlier but I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind. I had more important things to deal with, I needed a plan.. I needed to escape.. And I need to do it tonight.. 

------------

Authors note:
   Hey guys! This is my first book that I've ever written and I'm super nervous about it. Please be kind in the comments I'm trying my best here <3 if you see any mistakes please feel free to correct them and I'll try and fix them when I edit.  The book gets better the more you read so please give it a chance lol. Please vote and comment.
Thank you all for reading XoXo