8. Irresistible feelings...

It had already been two weeks since the dinner and I have been trying  to ignore him ever since, going early to college, staying back 10mins late after classes, etc. And I know it seems very immatured to be doing this but with him I was a walking disaster.

God help us all....

The morning ray of sunlight hits my eyes, I start to scold myself for choosing light-coloured curtains, stupid girl going for the semi transparent curtain to look classy. And I contemplate whether to get up and face my another embarrassing day or just lay in my comfy bed and feel the soft pillows and pretend to be in a coma.  The second option seems a whole lot better...but as long as I am in my parents house, ain't nobody listenin' to me!

I get out of the bed, took a 30min shower and started to drift back to sleep standing in front of my mirror. I suddenly woke up when I hit my head in the mirror. I notice my eyes being puffy like a bee stung me,  I shouldn't have stayed up late last night.

I dried my body with the towel and started to dress for college. I wore a checked print dip hem cuffed blouse, a dark grey pocket skinny jeans and a black leather pumps.

I wanted to go extra on the makeup because of these eye bags but due to the scorching sun I feared that the makeup will come off, plus I usually  prefer to keep things light unless I'm in party or something.

So I applied sunscreens and moisturizer  and applied a sangria coloured lipstick.
I braid my raven hair loosely and placed it on my left shoulder. Yes, I was ready to go to college.

I came down from the stairs for breakfast and I noticed my mom in the kitchen. She hears my footsteps and looks up to me.

"Morning early bird"

"morning... "

"Don't you think it's a bit too early  than your usual timing for college?"

"I gotta go to the library. Exams are coming next month, better start hitting the books. "

"Better hit some books or better dodge some guy? " suddenly Isabelle whispers in my ear from the back.

I slowly turn my head glaring at her.

As much as I wanted to argue with her, I was getting late.  I stuffed some toasts in my mouth, took a small water bottle and headed straight for the door.

Both mom and Isabelle waved at me.
I waved back at them and headed out.
As I was on my way, I got a call from Isabelle. I received the call-

"Gee,  it's only been 7mins and you're already missing me? "

"As much as I adore you trying to be funny niece, I have a news for you."

"And that is? " I speak in a monotonous tone.

"Eric's mom, Mrs Watson called and she said that you can start working from today at 4 in the evening. "

"Today?  I'm not mentally prepared! "

"oh come on niece, you're just gonna serve people coffee. What's the big deal? "

"I guess you're right. "

"You'll be fine sweetie. I got work so I'll see you later..."

"OK..bye "

And with that our conversation ended.

Two weeks ago, 'at the dinner' I found out that Eric's mom owns that beautiful coffee shop where I met up with Sam and Aiden last time.
She was in need of more staff and I in need of more money. So, we met at a mutual point.