Chapter 89: Battle-Loving Saiyans Fight Once More!

A few moments later Cabba was eliminated by Frieza. While Yamcha was upset that Frieza had gone after Cabba while the latter was still tired out, there wasn't really anything he could do about it. Yamcha noticed that the three robots from Universe 3 were attacking Goku again. He was about to help a second time when Caulifla beat him to the punch by knocking all of them away in her base form. Goku faltered. "Whoa... Uh, thanks! That was a huge help." 

Meanwhile, Vegeta was wondering what to do next. He suddenly got a crazy, totally Vegeta-like idea. "How long does Jiren intend to just sit there?" he wondered aloud, "What an irritating bastard!" He flexed his fist. "Let's see just how powerful the 'strongest' really is!" He jumped onto a rock towards Jiren's location when Toppo got in his way. "Fight with me!" Vegeta smirked. "I'm not interested in the second fiddle." "Aren't you the second fiddle, too?" Vegeta's smirk turned into a snarl. "Why don't you come see for yourself?!" He went Super Saiyan Blue and began fighting Toppo.

Caulifla landed on the ground and faced him. "Thanks to Cabba, I've got all of my power back." She immediately went Super Saiyan 2 and her expression became focused. "Son Goku. Fight with me!" Goku looked surprised. "Huh?!" Kale watched from behind Caulifla, observing while taking cover behind a few rocks, while Goku took his fighting stance. Caulifla looked slightly downwards, towards the floor. "We lost Hit and Cabba, and I couldn't do anything. In order to take on their share and survive this, I need to get even stronger. Teach me how to go beyond Super Saiyan 2, to 3!" Goku grimaced, closing his eyes. "Sure thing." "Are you sure?" Goku opened his eyes. "Of course. But if you want me to do that, you have to defeat me first." "Aren't you transforming?" Caulifla asked. "I'm still tired out from fighting Jiren. But don't worry, I'll slowly pick up the pace." "What?!" "Now, come at me already!" "Cocky little...! Fine, have it your way!" The female Saiyan raised her fists. "Here goes! I'll beat you in no time!" 

Turned out, Caulifla was wrong- she didn't beat Goku very quickly. In fact, even though Goku was in his base form, he was putting up a solid fight against Caulifla in her Super Saiyan 2 form. But as Caulifla adapted to match Goku's strength and speed, he eventually went Super Saiyan 2 and they fought on even terms. Caulifla knocked Goku backwards with a kick, then fired an energy blast at him, which he managed to block. Once the smoke cleared, Goku smirked. "Heh. I know I said that you had to master Super Saiyan 2 before going to 3, but this is beyond what I expected. Not bad, Caulifla. You actually just might achieve Super Saiyan 3 during this fight." He looked at Kale. "Kale, what about you?" "Huh? Me?" Kale asked. Caulifla looked over at her best friend and motioned with her hand. "Come on, Kale! Let's go Super Saiyan 3 together." A small smile appeared on Kale's face. "Yes!" 

Kale transformed into her own version of the Super Saiyan form and stood beside Caulifla as Goku got ready to fight them. "Come on. Feel free to attack me." "Correction!" a voice called out. Goku, Caulifla and Kale all looked over to see Yamcha jump over a ridge of Kachi Katchin and land beside Goku. He turned towards the female Saiyans. "Feel free to attack us." Caulifla smirked, then began roaring as she powered up. She and Kale both charged. Caulifla began clashing with Goku, but as Kale tried to hit Goku from the side, Yamcha appeared in her way. "Not so fast!" He began fighting with Kale, but as they fought at wild speeds, Kale suddenly vanished, appearing behind Goku and kicking him in the back towards Caulifla, who was readying up an energy attack. "Crush Cannon!" She fired tons of red energy blasts at Goku, and a red explosion sent up a small cloud of smoke. But when the smoke cleared, it was revealed that Goku had blocked the attack. He lowered his arms. "That one hurt a bit." Yamcha appeared next to him. "Goku! I think I'll sit back for a bit and let you take 'em on." "OK, Yamcha. You can count on me!" "Tell me something I don't know."

Caulifla and Kale both fired an energy blast at Goku, who began screaming as he powered up. The energy blasts froze when they collided with his aura, and the lightning around him began to crackle more often. The energy blasts exploded, sending out a cloud of smoke, and when it cleared, Goku's eyebrows were missing. His eyes were sterner. His hair was so long it came down to his waist, and now it was super rich-golden. His power had spiked incredibly. An expression of awe spread across Yamcha's face. He had only seen this form a few times before, but he'd know it anywhere. "This is thanks to you." Goku said, "Fighting you, I feel unbelievable power welling up from inside." "W-what amazing power!" Caulifla exclaimed. Her eyes became extremely wide. "Wait... is this... Super Saiyan 3?!"