Chapter 72: The Pride Troopers Attack!

"Jiren, fight with me!" Goku demanded as he took a fighting stance. Jiren just stared at Goku. Out of nowhere, Toppo jumped up from behind Goku, his left hand holding his right wrist with his right hand's fingers pointing at Goku. "Justice Flash!" Hundreds of small red energy blasts pelted a surprised Goku, who managed to block them just in time. However, they still sent him sliding backwards on the stage's floor. Toppo faced Jiren. "Let us retreat for now and conserve our stamina. I have chosen five of our fellow Pride Troopers to finish off Son Goku." They both vanished, and Yamcha ran over to Goku. "You alright?" Goku rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah... Although I still feel a little shaky." "Hey!" Both of them turned to see who had yelled. It was Caulifla, with Kale standing behind her. "Oh, it's you two." Yamcha said. "Did you guys come to attack Kale while she was weakened? You rotten jerks!" Goku held his hands out in front of him. "No, no, no! It's not like that at all! I got attacked- huh?" His eyes narrowed as he glanced toward a nearby rock pillar, where five more Pride Troopers were standing. Yamcha sighed. "We just can't catch a break, can we?" 

After posing and introducing themselves, three of the Pride Troopers attacked Caulifla and Kale while two attacked Yamcha and Goku- mainly Goku. One of them grabbed Goku from behind and weighed him down, literally, since that Pride Trooper was able to control his own weight. Goku began to struggle, but he couldn't break free. The other Pride Trooper was able to spin fast enough to create a tornado around himself and charged at Goku- until Yamcha stopped him with one hand. "Did you forget about me that quickly?" Yamcha asked, grinning. "Now you'll have to take on the both of us!" He glanced at Goku. "Get at least a little serious already, Goku." Goku smirked. "Alright." He went Super Saiyan, shook off the Pride Trooper, punched him away, and then they faced the tornado creator- an extremely short horned creature named Zoiray, who still seemed confident. 

"My fellow Pride Trooper will assist me, so that this fight is two-on-two! Tupper, let's go!" The Pride Trooper that could petrify his body, Tupper, landed alongside Zoiray. "Yes, Zoiray! In the name of justice!" Yamcha frowned in annoyance and charged up an energy blast. "Y'know, I like a bit of justice as much as the next person, but I'm getting kinda tired of hearing you guys go on and on about it." He looked at Goku, who had reverted back to his base form in order to conserve power. "Well? Are you gonna shoot, too?" Goku nodded, also charging up an energy blast. "Yeah, don't worry about me." They both fired multiple energy blasts at the twister, but the attacks bounced back- although they didn't do any damage. However, the Pride Troopers weren't done yet: Tupper went heavyweight again and began to roll, until he was like a living wheel. He went straight into Zoiray's twister, and the tornado spun him around and around until finally Zoiray launched Tupper straight at Yamcha- and 18 stepped in the way, catching him and tossing him towards the edge of the fighting stage. "No! Stop, Tupper, stop!" Zoiray shouted. Tupper unrolled and slid to a halt right at the edge. "I stopped." he said. However, his weight caused the area of the stage under him to crumble away, and then he fell. When the three were about to attack Zoiray, however, he managed to escape. 

Yamcha looked at 18. "Where's 17?" "Fighting another one of those Pride Troopers." "Shouldn't we help out?" Goku asked. 18 rolled her eyes. "17'll be fine." "If you say so." Yamcha replied. Suddenly, 17 landed nearby, and everyone looked over. "Oh, there you are." 18 said casually. 17 nodded at her, then at Goku and Yamcha. Yamcha was about to ask what had happened to 17's opponent when a large purple dome that seemed like another dimension appeared nearby. The group all studied it in shock, and Yamcha noticed that inside were the 4 Pride Troopers left- and they were facing an injured Caulifla and an imprisoned Kale, who was trapped inside another bubble of the other dimension. Zoiray began to harass Caulifla with his tornado, and Kale screamed in rage as she watched her best friend get beaten down more and more. "I'm nothing but a burden for Sis..." Kale said to herself, "A pathetic weakling..." She began to cry, clenching her teeth. "I hate... WHO I AM!" she screamed, powering up into a new type of Super Saiyan. 

It had the same green hair as the berserker form (which Goku and Yamcha decided to just call "Super Saiyan Berserker"), but Kale's pupils remained, although they were green. She had no dramatic increase in muscle mass, and her voice was still normal. However, her power had increased greatly. After congratulating her protegee, Caulifla went Super Saiyan and together they attacked the Pride Troopers, who countered with a united blast and began to overwhelm the two Saiyans. But at that moment, Kale went Super Saiyan Berserker and Caulifla went Super Saiyan 2, and their attacks combined as well, overwhelming three of the four Pride Troopers left- one of them, the creator of the alternate dimension, disappeared into her creation in a second small bubble. Caulifla and Kale then walked out of the now-shattered dimensional bubble. "Sorry to worry you all." Caulifla said, smirking, "But we knocked three of them off, so show some gratitude." "Is she all right like that?" Goku asked, looking at Kale. Caulifla glanced at her protegee. "Yeah. She's got this whole super-powerful form under control now. Impressive, huh?" Kale smiled a little, then reverted back to her base form, leaning on Caulifla for support. Yamcha nodded. "Looks like that form takes a bit of a toll on her body, doesn't it?" 

The Pride Trooper laughed in her separate dimension. "Ha ha ha! I'm safe in here. Nobody can attack me." Suddenly, her bubble was lifted into the air, and she looked down to see Android 18, who replied "Hmph. In that case, I'll just toss the whole thing over the edge." And she did exactly that, eliminating the final member of the five Pride Troopers who had attacked them. Yamcha whistled, impressed. "Nicely done." 18 turned to face the others, snorting. "It wasn't hard. No need to praise me." Yamcha frowned. "Would it kill you to take a compliment? I knew you androids were cold, but jeez." "Hey, watch it." 17 and 18 warned. "A-alright!" Yamcha exclaimed. Caulifla hoisted Kale onto her back in a piggyback fashion and began to walk away, then turned to look at U7's warriors. "Are you sure you're OK just letting us go like this?" Goku nodded, grinning. "I could tell right away when I saw you before: both of you are gonna get even stronger before this tournament is over." Yamcha smiled, giving a thumbs-up. "Besides, that'd be kinda rude after that temporary alliance we just made." Caulifla scowled at him. "It wasn't an alliance." Yamcha scratched his head. "Well, I mean, it kinda was..." "We'll have our real fight once the two of you make more progress." Goku said. Caulifla smirked again. "Don't blame me for what happens." Then, carrying an exhausted Kale on her back, she walked away.