FOD Chapter 170

Chapter 170

Orr removed the various medical equipment attached to his body, and slowly made his way to the restoration cabin. He caressed the boy's beautiful face across the transparent glass. The boy's eyelashes were very thick, tiny bubbles clinging to them, some of the bubbles stayed stationary for a long time, and some bubbles floated up, then slowly disintegrated. To tell the truth, staring at these bubbles was really uninteresting, but for some reason, Orr didn't want to move away. He even cautiously reached out and fitted his palm to the glass, trying to touch the boy's pale cheeks through the light blue fluid.

The boy must've suffered inhuman torture, otherwise, he wouldn't be so emaciated. However, even though he was too skinny, he was still heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Orr leaned in closer, the tip of his nose nearing the boy's own nose through the glass, when suddenly, the boy opened his eyes, and looked straight at him.

Orr froze. If he wasn't seeing it for himself, he would've never thought that such a magnificent pair of eyes existed. In the depths of champagne colored pupils was an iris resembling by an amber sun ring, with a change in angle, it reflected a bright light, like a starry sky, or a black hole, it could suck in people's souls. After a full three minutes passed, Orr felt a sharp pain in his chest, and suddenly realized that he'd been so immersed in those eyes that he'd actually completely forgotten to breathe.

He hurriedly backed up, his expression apologetic.

Zhou Yun Sheng stared at the man on the other side of the restoration cabin, his excitement slowly turning into disappointment. The other side's eyes couldn't conceal the appreciation of beauty, but there was nothing else, he even looked embarrassed for being so close to the restoration cabin, like he felt he'd been acting very rudely. This was entirely an attitude towards a stranger.

Zhou Yun Sheng couldn't feel even the slightest bit of familiarity in his actions, there was no love, no obsession, no overbearingness, only proper cautiousness and politeness. When he was converting the energy, he'd made sure to keep his lover's memories intact, if he woke up, he'd never forget him.

But now, Orr Assai apparently didn't recognize him, there was no difference between his mannerisms and the previous Orr Assai's, he was serious and stiff, prudent and exceedingly polite. Damn it, did the energy heal the real Orr? His lover was absorbed, and from now on, in both reality and in the virtual, he could never find him again?

One dreadful thought after another assaulted his mind, Zhou Yun Sheng couldn't bear it. If Orr's resurrection was at the expense of his lover's life, he would personally kill him, then let this world burn. What Queen, what salvation, what new hope of mankind, all of it can go to fucking hell, there was nothing more torturous than knowing you've killed your favorite person with your own two hands. However, he restrained these violent thoughts as he opened the cabin door. He needed to observe for some time before he made conclusions. Orr really had been brain dead, which meant that his soul was already swallowed by the Queen, it was absolutely impossible for him to live again.

So, there must've been a connection error, he would find it and correct it, and everything would be solved.

Orr saw the boy draining the fluid from the restoration cabin, realizing that he wanted to come out, he quickly handed over the clothes laid out on the neighboring bed.

"Please put these on quickly. Your conditions pretty bad, it's probably not enough to stay in there for only five hours."

"Thanks. Five hours is good enough, I still have a lot of work to do." Zhou Yun Sheng took the white hospital gown and put it on, then sat cross-legged on the bed, using a towel the nurses left behind to dry his hair. His attitude seemed very indifferent, but he was always observing Orr Assai out of the corner of his eye.