FOD Chap 2.4

Chapter 2.4

When Ning Si Nian left for work, he actually hadn’t gone to the company, but was hiding in an underground parking lot near the house, wearing headphones to listen in on the movements in his home.

Zhao Jun stayed in the west residence to stare at the monitors, once Wei Xi Yan made the slightest move against Ning Wang Shu, he would immediately rush over to block him, and also send the video to the Ning parents on the other side of the ocean.

After putting on the headphones, Ning Si Nian was very nervous. His son’s fearful look was permanently engraved in his mind, he was afraid of him suffering the slightest injury again.

He concentrated all of his attention on the headset, thinking, as long as there were any abnormalities, he’d immediately step on the accelerator and return home.

The monitoring device was in his son’s hollow longevity lock pendant, the quality was very clear. He heard Wang Ma repeatedly warn his son not to run around the house, the tone was very severe. His son didn’t make a sound, then there was a long silence.

Ning Si Nian went from tense to numb, gripping the steering wheel, he maintained the same position until around 1 pm. When he’d almost turned into a stone statue, a clear voice came through the other end,

“No, you can’t play with this.”

It was Wei Xi Yan’s uniquely flat tone. Ning Si Nian immediately sat bolt upright, holding his breath, carefully distinguishing the hidden emotions in the voice.

Unexpectedly, there wasn’t the slightest trace of malice. Although his strong judgment ability told him this, he still put a hand on the start button, preparing to start the engine.

But before he could press down, the clear voice sounded again, still with the same flat tone, but the words were overflowing with unmistakable care.

“Use this to paint. Paint and poppy oil contain toxins, small baby can’t touch it, you’ll get sick.”

Turns out, he was stopping his son from playing with oil paint. This was right, blameless.

Ning Si Nian let out a long breath, withdrawing his hand from the start button and resting his forehead on the steering wheel, exhausted. There was another burst of silence, when Wei Xi Yan talked again, he had already learned to calm down.

“Obediently put it on, so your clothes don’t dirty.”

He was putting a bib on his son, so the paint wouldn’t stick to his clothes. This was also blameless.

Ning Si Nian’s brows twisted, he didn’t understand if the young man he personally heard caring for his son, and the extremely irritable, aggressive man in Wang Ma’s description was the same person.

He felt that either something went wrong, or the teenager was just good at pretending. But even if he pretends, wouldn’t his son, the victim, know to stay away from him? He’d heard his son’s light footsteps, clearly his son ran into his studio himself.

Ning Si Nian took off the headphones, shoved his hair back, and finally decided to go home.

When the car had barely arrived at the house, Zhao Jun came out from the west wing to welcome him, whispering,