Whatever, since ancient times, how many Emperors offered prayers for rain, and how many were successful? But even if the rebel army used the failure as an excuse to attack the Emperor, as long as Zhao Xuan was here, the upheaval could still be stomped out. Thinking of this, Luo Zhen had no choice but to bow and take his leave, but Zhao Xuan stood in place, he seemed to have something to ask.

"Ask whatever you wish to know." Zhou Yun Sheng spread out the Fei Lai Mountain map, using the conversion method in the Book of Changes to find the best position to call rain. His background was really complex, he came from the interstellar era where science and technology was very developed, and later, he was sent to a world of immortal cultivation, western fantasy, and other worlds. Although he was now just a mortal, he couldn't topple mountains and overturn seas, with the combination of his scientific knowledge and teachings of yin and yang, calling down heavy rain was still fairly easy. Recalling the past life, after Qi Jin Yu pacified the rebellion, the Heavens suddenly sent down days of heavy rain, nourishing the Southwest's dry, cracked soil, giving the people hope of survival.

It's unknown who started it, but this timely rain was placed on Qi Jin Yu's head, saying that the Gong Prince was ordained by heaven, his good fortune was deep, and he possessed a lucky aura. These remarks circulated throughout the Southwest, and as a result, after Qi Jin Yu sent troops to rescue the king, the Southwest citizens were the first to accept him.

Zhou Yun Sheng had calculated it, that natural heavy rain was at least two months away, but the longer he delayed this, whether it was the citizens or the imperial army, the casualties would be disastrous. He couldn't afford to delay, and he didn't have Qi Jin Yu's protagonist halo- he couldn't casually say a few noble sounding words and appease an angry mob- so he could only come up with this kind of unpredictable method to awe them.

Zhao Xuan step forward half a step, cupped his hands and asked, "Your Majesty, how do you plan to call rain? Can it be done?"

"It can be done." Zhou Yun Sheng raised his brush and marked the map, slowly explaining, "The rain is in the clouds. When the small water droplets collide with each other and condense into large water droplets in the clouds, it will turn into rainfall. There are many ways to make the small droplets condense, you can disperse solid particles into the clouds to increase the weight of the water droplets. You can also release an electric current, light waves, sound waves and other things to stimulate the clouds to rub against each other and condense into raindrops. The reason why priests usually pray for rain by beating drums and shouting, is because they're releasing sound waves towards the sky. Although the success rate of rainfall is very low, it's not entirely impossible. What I'm going to do is identify the location where the water vapor is most concentrated and use the four tubes, then I can have at least a 70% or 80% chance to get heavy rain."

The electric current, light waves, sound waves and other things the Emperor mentioned were foreign to Zhao Xuan, but inexplicably, he actually felt like he understood, and couldn't help nodding in agreement.

Zhou Yun Sheng picked up one of the logs shaped into a tube and said, "This is a rain caller, it'll help me send the electric current, light and sound waves directly into the clouds. You shaved the logs for so many days, Duke You Gou really worked hard."

As it turns out, the Emperor had unexpectedly handed such an important errand over to him, Zhao Xuan's mood brightened, his eyes unconsciously shining in delight.

————

The imperial declaration quickly spread throughout the Southwest by word of mouth. The rebel army learned that the Emperor personally came, and even had the known as Da Qi's War God, Duke Yu Gou at his side. If he sicked his Tiger Wolf Northwest Army on them, in not even a few days, their ten thousand men strong rebel army would be crushed. If they could live comfortably, who would want to do such a dangerous thing like take up arms? Not only did the Emperor say that he wouldn't hold them to account, he would also return the farmlands to everyone, so it was better to lay down their machetes and return to farming. This idea was shared among ​​the vast majority of peasants, but Chen Shisan, the peasant leader of the rebel army, was extremely opposed. During the course of the rebellion, he gradually enjoyed the benefits of having power, and unexpectedly completely lost his senses. He thought he could overthrow Da Qi and establish a new dynasty, become the new Emperor.