Fifteen

Imani Vasquez

I felt little hands shaking my body and saw Royalty on top of me waking me up

I felt little hands shaking my body and saw Royalty on top of me waking me up. I grabbed and hugged her letting her know I was up and sat her next to Chris. Last night she had a nightmare and only wanted to be around us so she slept in our bed.

I rose up from the bed and realized I didn't have a toothbrush or... Anything to take care of myself. I looked through cabinets to find a toothbrush.

"Aye whatchu doing?" Chris asked getting up.

"Looking for a toothbrush," I said searching.

"Oh, I don't keep just in case toothbrushes..."

"That was before you met me, now get up," I walked into the bedroom and hit his face with a pillow waking him up, "And get me a toothbrush fore I blow my breath in yo face..."

He hopped up and I saw his morning wood through his shorts. I laughed a little bit and he looked at me crazy. I pointed to it and he laughed. He stretched then went to search for a toothbrush. Royalty was jumping on the bed singing Help Me the song made by her dad of course. I think I got it stuck in her head. I picked her up and moved her hair out her face.

"Go brush yo teeth lil girl," I sad putting her down.

"Okay," She smiled running to her bathroom.

I turned around and saw Chris hold a toothbrush still in it's package.

"Go brush yo teeth lil girl," He said smiling.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom and started brushing in circles ,then side to side ,and finally behind my teeth to get the plaque. Chris wrapped his arms around me, and swayed side to side putting his head in the crook of my neck.

"You remember saying I love you right," He said.

"Yeah," I said trying to brush it off. It was getting to me that he didn't say it but I didn't bring it up.

"Well, I love you too... I think I'm falling for yo ass to be honest,"He said kissing my neck.

I smiled before spitting out the foam and rinsing my mouth out. I turned around and pushed him away. He grabbed me towards and squeezed my ass firmly and kissed me.

"You mine, you know that?" He asked.

"Am I though?" I said looking at him crazy.