Part VI:

Russell

The next few hours were flying past before I had time to register what she said. Two hours back she literally jumped on me, hugged me screaming "Can you believe it? We're going to Cape Town. I'm so excited. " Then she flounced off leaving me to trail behind her.

She didn't leave time for me to talk she just flounced off. I was forced to keep quiet the whole ride to the airport while she was babbling about where to stay in Cape Town, what to do when we arrive there and so much more.

Dear goodness I was listening to her voice babble. It was beautiful. It was like a melody in my ears.

I've never heard or seen her this loud. But I like it.

One day we were married, we were in bed and I was on top of her, devouring her. She was making beautiful sounds...

My mind went back to her speech. Her deep brown eyes were focusing on mine. She was talking but I wasn't listening.

Does she know how beautiful she was? I'd have to tell her.

"RUSSELL WATCH OUT." She screamed. That was when I snapped out and came back to reality.

"Oh shoot." I groaned.

I was driving towards a truck! I swerved the car to the left to avoid coming into contact with the truck.

Darn, that was so close.

I parked the car on the side road thdn turned to see if River was fine.

She was.

But she was afraid. Afraid that that could have been us dead minutes ago.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"No. It was my fault. I was busy talking too much."

"But I wasn't looking at the road." I was angry at myself.

River sighs. "I think we should head back."

I glance at her. Is she giving up? I was the one stupid for not looking at the road.

It wasn't her fault. I liked it when she was happy like that, talking like she didn't have a care in the world.

It was miraculous. 

And I ws going to do anything to make her happy.

"We're still going to Cape Town. We're in this together." I reassure her.

"Russell I don't..."

"Yes we're going. River I really want to help you find your real parents. We're not going back." I tell her.

She looks relaxed now, calm even. "Of course." She whispers.

Then we drive off.

I can't help wondering if she's going to whisper those words when I propose to her.

Thank you so much for reading.

😊 how is your Friday? I'm listening to Friday chills vibes.