III:

I still got to edit my chapters. Forgive me. *wink*

Florida Rd, Durban
December 2017

River

I walk in Starbucks at 10am the next morning. I'm dressed in my favourite short black key ring patterned dress with aesthetic shoes, that I bought in Cotton On the other day carrying my pastel pink gothic notebook that I bought in Typo.

I search the crowd to see if there isn't anyone sitting where I sat yesterday after that incident with the wanna- be- cheryl- from Riverdale -girl that made me leave Starbucks early than I usually did. There wasn't anybody. I quickly walk to the counter and I lock eyes with the white guy behind the counter.

His name tag reads Russel and I smile faintly at him.

He is good- looking if you were that girl who liked guys who had unruly curly hair nearly falling off their head and landing just above their beautiful eyes. He had beautiful brown bangs and grey cobalt eyes that made you feel as if you're staring through space on a teloscape.

"Hi. Can I please have an Iced Chocolate Mochachino with Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich cookies." I told him. I was aware of him staring at me as I got out my purse to pay. I always made sure I had enough money for Starbucks.

When I looked up Russell still had his eyes on me. I instantly looked away. What is wrong with him? I don't want attention."May I please ask...what is your name?" He asked in that deep velvety voice that kept you on your toes.

The voice somehow sounded familiar to me. It sounded like that commanding voice that told off that popular girl off.

My head jerked to look at him. His eyes were fixed on me. "Why do you want to know?" I asked.

His left eye raised up. "I'm not a serial killer don't worry." He says sarcastically.

I frown at him. "Everyone hides a small part about themselves." I pointed out.

He chuckles -it's a nature sound like the birds calling to Mother Nature. "I'm glad you said that."

I look down to my feet as he walks to fetch my coffee and cookies.

As he walks away I see how his shoulders are broad and lean. Damn.

I curse lightly for allowing these though to crowd my brain.

He walks back carrying my coffee and cookies but his cobalt blue eyes wouldn't leave mine. There was an intensity in them.

Which was weird.

"Thanks." I say and take my food then scurry off.

As I sit down I heard him say "beautiful" softly.

Thanks for reading.
How was the first conversation?
😃😀