Lady Luo grew even more uneasy, so she asked her maternal home to arrange a reliable doctor for her, and was finally informed of the truth. Turns out, Luo Lan's body was actually contaminated by Han poison, presumably ingested with a some kind of medicine. Because of long term use, they feared that any future heirs would be compromised. Children were the lifeblood of women, and also their foothold in their husband's family, if their daughter couldn't bear children, she would only suffer in her future in-law's household. The person who gave their daughter this poison destroyed her life!

Lady Luo quickly locked down her daughter's rooms and interrogated all the servants who served her one by one, through coercion, torture, all kinds of means, even capturing their families to threaten them, she finally found the culprit. That person was not just any old servant, it was Luo Lan's personal head maidservant, Xi Er, the first class palace maid the Empress Dowager had personally granted her a few days ago. In order to please the Empress Dowager, Luo Lan had immediately appointed her the head maid, and put all her confidence in her.

"Why would the Empress Dowager hurt Lan-er, she has no reason to ah!" Luo Zhen retorted on intuition.

"It's not the Empress Dowager, it's the Gong Prince." Finally reaching the main topic, after patiently enduring the whole conversation, Lady Luo's eyes suddenly flushed, tears almost spilling.

"How can it be him? What does he gain from making Lan-er infertile? Those are his heirs!" Luo Zhen found his wife's suggestion ridiculous, he really didn't understand what in the world would cause a man to deliberately make his wife infertile. Does he not need heirs? What about trying to seize the throne?

Lady Luo finally couldn't bear it, she broke out in tears, choking out, "Xi Er also didn't know the details, she only knew that the Gong Prince has someone else in his heart, so he was willing to let Lan-er occupy the first wife position, but didn't want to have children from anyone other than that person. We thought we were making Lan-er an honorable princess, but she was just becoming that man's display piece. If we hadn't found clues from this sickness, we would've condemned our daughter to a lonely and bitter life. How could they be so cruel to the poor girl! My husband, Qi Jin Yu is too wicked, you must get justice for Lan-er!"

Luo Zhen's head throbbed, he rubbed his aching temples while asking his wife if she knew who the Gong Prince's lover was. However, Xi Er didn't know those details, and even when she was tortured to the brink of death, she couldn't tell them any valuable clues. Helpless, Lady Luo had no choice but to send her away, to let someone else look after her. She'd wanted to kill Xi Er, but was afraid of inadvertently alerting the enemy, and had to endure. The husband and wife considered their options for a whole day, then one took responsibility of nursing their daughter back to health, while the other sent spies to investigate, determined to find out the identity of the hidden lover.

Luo Zhen was extremely smart and quite handy, since the Gong Prince was willing to let his daughter be his wife, then the hidden woman must be someone he now couldn't possess, but was very sure he could get in the future. To be infatuated to this extent, she was unlikely to be a woman he only met a few times, they must've been in contact for a long time. He followed these threads in the investigation and suddenly discovered- When the Gong Prince was younger, he got lost during a festival and was brought to the Wen Yuan March by Zhao Bi Xuan. Then he became Zhao Xuan's acquaintance, and frequently travelled between the palace and the Wen Yuan March to train with him in martial arts, only stopping when Zhao Xuan was sent to campaign in the Northwest.

Zhao Bi Xuan had beauty to fell countries, enough beauty to bewitch every male in China, how could the Gong Prince be unaffected? Moreover, all the women he was known to associate with were from illustrious backgrounds and well-matched statuses, he just had to open his mouth, and whether he wanted to take them for a wife or concubine, he'd have all his wishes fulfilled. What kind of status would a woman need to be inaccessible to him? Luo Zhen looked through all the information one by one, and became certain that Zhao Bi Xuan was the Gong Prince's lover. No wonder he poisoned his daughter but wanted to let her be his wife, because he couldn't marry the one he truly wanted to marry. Such obvious anticipation for an inevitable abdication, he didn't want his daughter to get pregnant, because someone would obviously be replacing her in the future- Killing the king and usurping his throne, forcefully taking away his brother's wife ah! Thinking of this, Luo Zhen's back was inexplicably covered by a layer of cold sweat.