Part 47: With Ends, There's Always A Beginning

It's been over 4 months since Penelope's 'tragic' death, news quickly spread through Riverdale's usually tranquil town. Cheryl took weeks, almost months to completely recover from her mothers death, thankfully the Serpents were there every step of the way. 

All of Toni's charges were dropped by Sherriff Keller and the department, due to a trail where she was found non guilty, she rightfully claimed self-defence and was successful. Many friends, along with Toni's often absent but loving father, gave testimony's to persuade the judge, Keller even spoke in the defence of Toni. 

"Judge, I stand up here today to support Miss Toni Topaz. The abuse and suffering she has been subjected to very recently by the Blossom adults, Penelope and Claudius has been atrocious to hear of. When attack, she rightfully defend her right to live, to live without fear, torment and hate. With all I have heard from my son Kevin, his friends and this supportive community, I pray Toni will be officially free, without dread of arrest looming over her young head" he passionately spoke. 

Trying desperately to move on, Cheryl and Toni moved out of Thistlehouse extremely quickly and with help from the serpents, moved into their own trailer on the Southside. 

Everyone is finally on their last few weeks of school and are finally done with exams and are ready to live their lives. Cheryl plans on college, like the majority of the their friends, Toni has been working closely on the Southside to improve the way of life for all residents, deciding a career as a social worker will benefit her greatly. The two girls couldn't have been more in love as they are currently. Despite being together for over a year, nearing two, Toni treats Cheryl as often as she can. Surprise trips to romantic destinations in her new car, once even to New York. Cheryl, inheriting all her families money, spent a large percentage on the town of Riverdale, hoping to help anyone who needed it. She also gave significant money to various important charities. And after months of campaigning and a police investigation; the secret conversion church, The Sisters of Quiet Mercy, has officially been closed, with all young people being given a chance to be free in a safe environment. 

It's the present day. Cheryl prepares to begin at a local college, only a 30 minute ride from the Southside, her true home.

She'll be living on the Southside part-time, the other half on site. 

"Cheryl" Toni says, grabbing her girlfriends hand softly. 

Cheryl turns her head, followed by her body and faces Toni, "Yeah?" 

From her back pocket Toni grabs something, "Look, don't get the wrong idea, this isn't a proposal... but... my grandfather always told me to give this ring to the person I'll love the most in life, besides him of course" she opens the velvet box slowly, revealing a small, silver ring. "He told me, that he bought it the day I was born and that one day I should engrave it, so I did" 

With joyous tears streaming down Cheryl's face, she picks up the ring and reads aloud, "CB" 

"I've always been bad at ideas" Toni laughs, "It's perfect" Cheryl says, embracing her girlfriend tightly. Cheryl slides the ring onto her middle finger, smiling down at it. 

"I love you" 

"I love you too" and the girls kiss lovingly before Cheryl heads off on her first day at college. 

The End. 

----------------------------

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed reading this story. If so, please do me a huge favour and check out my new Choni fan-fic, "Southside Twist". I've recently started it and would love for the readership to grow (as this one did). 

Thanks so much, Lily x