Part 16: A Troubled Sunday

Frustratingly, the gangs peaceful and almost perfect Sunday was ruined. They had placed themselves on the roof overlooking the Northside, since that was the way the sun came up. 

The area was quiet, despite being the Southside, which was usually bustling in the morning. All of a sudden, a loud car engine came around the corner and sped into the car park, from that moment, they began throwing eggs in the gangs direction. The boys were having none of it, Jughead, Fangs, Pea (despite his recovering injuries) and a few others who had joined them, hopped off the roof and as the car tried to speed off, Jug and Fangs simultaneously threw their pocket knifes at the cars wheels, hitting the front ones and slitting them, the car was unable to move. The people in the car were forced out of it by Jugheads orders, by this time Toni had joined the boys on the floor. 

The four members of the car, were Riverdale Bulldogs. One of which was Reggie, the new captain of the Bulldogs. "What the fuck?" Sweet Pea yells, "Fucking Bulldogs----" he starts, before getting shushed by Fangs and Toni. 

"Why Reggie?" Jug questions, not letting them go without an explanation. 

"You goddamn Serpent Scum, you first come to OUR school, act like it's your own, and even make our girls switch sides" and looks dead on at Toni, "interpret that how'd you like sweetie" and winks at her. Toni lunges forward but stops when Pea holds her back and Cheryl shouts her name out. 

"Just drop it Reggie" Cheryl yells from the roof, standing up, placing her hands on her hips. 

"And what if I don't Blossom, I'd love to see you make me" he chuckles and winks at Cheryl.

Pea notices the anger in Toni's eyes but doesn't even want to stop her. She speeds up, getting right in Reggie's face, "Me, unless one of them want too" pointing to the boys and holds her pocket knife in her hand, he realises she's definitely not joking and backs away, fully knowing that the Bulldogs wouldn't be able to face up to the infamous serpents. 

Forgetting that the wheels had been slashed only a few minutes ago, the boys get into the car, *cough cough* goes Toni, pointing to the wheels, "Guess you're walking" she tells them as they hang their heads and start to walk off. 

Cheryl sees an uncracked egg on the roof, just to the right of her feet and throws it, luckily hitting the back of Reggie's head, and the gang begin laughing. Fangs retrieves the knives from the wheels and the boys, plus Toni, head back onto the roof, the situation making them swiftly sober up. 

They all get back up onto the roof, then Sweet Pea says something very unexpected, "Guys, they knew we were all here" and everyone is stumped as to how.

"They hit me first, with the egg and Reggie barely looked at me, "Do you think----they were the ones who stabbed me---- think about it, they knew we were here, they hate the Serpents and the Southside and I saw a knife in the sock of one of the other Bulldogs---" the Serpents contemplate the possibilities, and mutually agree that it easily could've been Reggie and his crew. The boys agree to confront the bulldogs on Monday, and finally get to the bottom of this unsolved stabbing since the police had been doing fuck all to help them.