Part 43: Man Hunt in Full Swing

Pea, Fangs and many other loyal serpents, including Jughead and Betty head over to Thistlehouse to meet the girls, who have spent a large percentage of their day planning out their movements. 

Toni had reason to believe Penelope wasn't too far away. From the phone call she gathered the possibility  that Penelope wanted the serpents them to find her. 

Once the gang arrive, along with Archie, Veronica, Kevin and Josie, they all begin scheming. After a few failed ideas from Kevin and Fangs, the whole gang branch out over the house. 

"She could be in this very basement" Fangs eerily jokes.

"Shut it Fangs, this is serious..." Toni snaps, trying to keep cool despite the rising tension. Betty and Jughead perch in the kitchen, digging up evidence from Jugs computer as Pea overlooks, attempting to help. Veronica, Archie and Josie all cower in the living room, looking through pictures of Penelope, seeing if they could find any possible clues. Eventually, Veronica opens a box hiding away under the couch. It reads "Cheryl's memories" 

"Hey Cheryl" she calls her over, "Is this yours?" Veronica asks, blowing the light layer of dust off the top. Cheryl makes her way over to the living room, and takes a seat next to her raven-haired friend. "Yeah, yeah, mother never used to look there, so I hide all pictures and memories"

Veronica shakes open the cardboard lid to reveal hundreds of pictures of Cheryl and many others, including all the gang. Hoping to find something to discover the location of Cheryl's evil mother. The gang begin riffling through the pictures, finding some great photos in the mix.

Most feature the serpents, Cheryl's initiation. One of her an Pea. Many of Cheryl and Toni. After looking through them, laughing and reminiscing over beloved memories. Nearing the end, Veronica finds a group photo from a few months ago of Cheryl, Toni, Archie, Veronica, Betty and Jughead at V's parents lake house. It's a photo of the inner group stood outside the house when they first arrived, a selfie taken by Archie. 

Suddenly, Toni's face drops... "V... your parents don't use the lake house this time of year right?"

"No...? It's almost deserted this time of year, why----" but V pauses also.

The rest of the gang sit there in complete confusion, until Toni speaks up, "guys, that's where Penelope id hiding. Think about it... the house is quiet, out of town, the police wouldn't even think about going there" 

"Guess that's where we're off to then" Pea concludes as the gang begin to pack up all their things. Half of them hop into Jugs truck, and the others into Veronicas car and head off to the lake house, other serpents follow on their bikes. 

The journey took about 30 minutes, including the pit stop Jug had to make so Fangs and Kevin could get some snacks. Eventually, at around 5pm, the large gang make it onto the driveway of the lake house. Wearily, the boys grab bats and Pea whips out his personally carved knife. 

Not wanting to ruin anything in V's vacation house, everyone gets in order and ready to head in the front door. A rightfully frightened Cheryl stays behind near the cars but her girlfriends sharp eye notices. She drops back and heads over to Cheryl. "Babe? Everything alright?" she asks endearingly. 

"Fine. Yeah, just---- I don't know if I can face her if she's in there" Cheryl tearfully admits.

Toni's head tilts to the side, "I know, I know. But if we catch her now. It'll finally, actually be over" bringing Cheryl in for a loving hug. 

Cheryl straightens up, "Lets fucking do this" kissing Toni quickly, grabbing her hand and joining the rest of the gang to enter the house.