Part 31: A Weekend Away, Section 2

A few shots and six tipsy teenagers later, the gang continue drinking. 

"Ok ok, first drinking game" Archie begins, everyone focusing onto what he's about to say. "Never have I ever" and they all laugh, agreeing and thinking up ideas "I'll go, never have I ever... dated a Southside serpent" he says. Making Betty, Cheryl and Jughead take a quick shot. 

"Never have I ever... left the country" Toni says next, with only Veronica and Cheryl taking a shot. 

"Are you guys trying to get me killed or something" Cheryl laughs, which only leads to Toni's mind drifting back to the letter that was posted. "Babe, your turn" Cheryl tells her girlfriend, having to nudge her arm, to grab her full attention. 

"Oh--- never have I ever roleplayed" trying to catch out Jughead, who had said another drunk night that he had.

"Toni stop trying to get me to admit it" he cackles, but takes another shot. To the shock of everyone sat there, including Betty who didn't think he'd say. 

"Knew I'd catch you out Jones" she says.

The game carries on for a few more rounds until one bottle of rum is demolished by the alcohol thirsty teens. As Archie stands up to get another one, the others try to think of another game. 

The lightweight of the group, Betty, suggests spin the bottle. 

"Betty, no one here is single" Cheryl explains.

"Like that matters, we're all friends here Cheryl" slurring her words slightly, but taking another shot of straight rum. 

The gang are initally stumped for a reply until Archie yells from the kitchen, "Whatever, might as well" before heading back in, topping up everyones drink.

"Fine, let's" blurts Toni in agreement. "I'll spin" and gives the bottle a fast twirl, thankfully landing on Cheryl first time round, "piece of cake" and smiles, kissing Cheryl. "Who's next?" 

Jughead grabs the bottle, spinning it quicker. It passes Veronica, then Cheryl, Toni and Betty before landing right on Archie. The boys look up, hoping to escape the challenge. 

"No way" the girls say, beginning to laugh. 

"You're right, no way" Jughead says, and Archie nodding strongly. 

"Hey hey hey, no pulling out, it's the game. We kissed" Cheryl tells the boys. 

"Thats different-- you guys are-- together" Archie claims but they aren't escaping it that easily. 

"Saved yourself there Andrews" scowls Cheryl, "Doesn't matter, off you go" gesturing her hand together, making 'kissy' motions. 

The girls wait patiently for one to move. To escape the increasing awkwardness, Archie gets up and plants a fat kiss on Jugheads lips/cheek, wanting to avoid it as much as he could. 

"Reminds me of the new years episode when Joey kisses Chandler" says Toni, making the girls crack up even more than before. 

"Well at least now all of you have kissed" says Cheryl, gesturing at the two couples as Toni looks on confused. The boys look straight at the red haird girl, "What?" they both say.

Cheryl freezes, realising she's said something they didn't know. "Ummmm" 

Betty and Veronica sit there, trying to contain their giggling. 

"You've kissed?" Archie says.

"Once, at cheer trials. Where I first met Cheryl" Veronica replies, looking at Cheryl who is giggling too.

"So you kissed, whatever, we're all even" Jughead continues.

Cheryl then leans towards Toni, and mumbles in her ear, "They would have to do a bit more than peck to get to Betty and Veronicas level" as the couple laugh between them.

Thankfully no one else hears and the gang continue to drink, until Betty and Archie are too drunk to walk properly. Their other halves, along with the girls help the helpless up the stairs and into bed. Crashing out immediately.

"Guys, we have to look after these lightweights for a bit but feel free to get in the hot tub. We can join in a bit" Veronica tells the girls and they head off to get changed. Despite it being almost 1am, they were eager to get warm; outside. 

The change into something more water appropriate. As Cheryl heads to get them a drink, Toni hops into the large hot tub, never feeling so relaxed in her life. 

A few moments later, Cheryl heads outside in her red bikini, making Toni blink twice and gets in the tub also. She passes her girlfriend a drink, "You look amazing" Toni tells her, making Cheryl blush brightly. The girls begin kissing, but are swiftly interrupted by a tipsy Veronica. Thankfully her tolerance is high so she isn't falling over just yet. 

"Oh sorry to interrupt" she says, jumping in next to them. "No problem" Toni says, scooting over to allow their drunk friend some more room. 

"So guys... you looked quite cosy" Veronica says, sipping her white wine. 

The girls hesitate to reply but smile, "sure were" replies Toni, putting her arm around Cheryl.

At that very moment, Jughead walks outside. Looking tired. He makes it to the tub, "fuck this, I'm going to bed" turning to walk back inside. Before being able to reply, Jughead passes out onto the couch.

"Guess it's just us three" V smiles, "So, lets chat"

"About..." Cheryl questions, finishing her drink quickly. Knowing she'll have to be more drunk to answer whatever V's about to ask.

"Anything, what about you Toni?" something Cheryl wasn't expecting, "Well I've known Cheryl for a while, but nothing about you" 

"Ok..." Toni begins, "Born on the Southside, parents aren't around. My dad was also a serpent and left town years ago and my mum is... somewhere, so I live with my grandpa and basically this one now" nudging Cheryl, making her giggle. "Was always the loud kid in school, causing fights, usually with Pea and Fangs. Moved to Riverdale High and now I'm here; sat with Cheryl Blossom and Veronica Lodge. Two people I never would've imagined knowing" 

"Short and sweet, see I feel like we're already making progress" V replies.

"Keep going, I'm gonna grab another drink" Cheryl cuts in, getting out the tub, lightly drying off before heading inside.

The girls chat for about two hours before Cheryl is now the liability, "Ok, nights over" the less drunk ones say in unison. They help Cheryl inside, Veronica carefully locks all doors behind them and turns off the lights downstairs. Eventually Toni gives up trying to drag Cheryl upstairs so just picks her up and carries her until they get to bed. 

"Good luck with that one" V says before crawling off too. 

"Cheryl, put this on" passing her a t-shirt and drying her off more before helping her under the duvet. The second her head hits the pillow, she's out cold all night. 

Before also getting some sleep, Toni sits on the edge of the bed still fixated over the note, but knowing nothing could possibly do any harm out here, so far from their town. Eventually she puts the note down and climbs into bed, praying no one's in a bad mood with a hangover tomorrow.