Past 6: Penelope Blossom

Once again, Toni had left Cheryl feeling flustered, that butterfly feeling people usually get. Her car ride home consisting of her playing loud music and subtly dancing to the music. However, her mood instantly halts and rapidly declines when she sees her mother standing in the arch way of the grand front door. She pulls up slowly and leaves her car, locking it as she did so. 

Her mother gives her a stern expression, hinting towards disappointment, "Where on earth have you been?" says Penelope crossly. Afraid to reveal her real previous whereabouts, Cheryl replies, stating, "I was just at Pops with Veronica" and attempts to slide past her mother.

However, nothing passes Penelopes eye, even on a bad day. She blocks the door with the length of her arm, forcing Cheryl to face her, "Oh Cheryl darling, we both know that's not true", sliding her finger under Cheryls eye, making it obvious to her that she notices her faded makeup. 

Cheryl jults her head backwards, ever so slightly until she no longer felt the tingling under her eye, "Like I said, I was at Pops" and attempts to budge pass her infuriating mother.

"You've been crying. In Pops?" her mother asks sarcastically, trying to catch her daughter out. 

Cheryl doesn't reply but rather keeps her head down. "Any boys upsetting you?", asking again sarcastically, "That Andrews boy or... God forbid Jughead Jones?" and takes a step closer to Cheryl, "Or a Southsider?"

Cheryl snaps back, "They're not all bad mother" and Penelope smirks eerily, knowing she's cracked Cheryls poorly hidden secret. 

"A serpent? A Serpent!" her voice raises, practically spitting anger. 

"Do you ever just drop it?" Cheryl says, pushing her mothers arm. However, Penelope pushes back and sets herself off, "You're bad enough Cheryl, and now a serpent. I should've known you would do something rebellious like this. Taking after you're brother I see", Cheryl gets defensive but her mother boldly continues, "Keep going, and you may end up like him too. Leave!" she yells, pointing to Cheryls car, "I don't care where too" 

Not bothering with a fight and tears streaming down her face, Cheryl sheepily backs away, shaking with fear. She gets back into her car and drives off to an abanonded car park, close to the Southside. Her few days of pain had just dramatically worsened, her Nana almost died, her mother basically just threatened her with murder and now she had nowhere to sleep.

Around 10 minutes later, Cheryl makes it to the car park. She rummages around in the back seat and pulls out from undeneath, a whole bottle of rum that she kept from after a party, in case of emergancies. Without a second thought, she takes a massive swig of the harsh drink, following it up with many more, until half the bottle is left. She breaks down into a puddle of tears again, drnkenly, she pulls out her phone and holds it up to her forehead, not knowing what to do. She sits contemplating what to do, and frankly where to sleep. All of a sudden she remembers what Toni had said only a few hours ago. As the sun finally went down, and after finshing the whole bottle of rum, Cheryl picks up her phone and dials Toni.

She waits nervously for her to pick up, "Hello?" Cheryl hears from the other end of the phone and quickly holds it up to her ear, she then slurs, "Toni, Toni--- I--" but is too drunk and upset to carry on.

Automatically, Toni recognises the drunken voice of Cheryl and panics, "Cheryl... Cheryl, are you alright?" and repeats over and over again hoping for somewhat of a reply.

"Just perfect, perfect, fucking perfect" she slurs.

"Where are you?" Toni says clearly, to the reply of, "I can--- can see a---" and laughs, "A trailer park" and drops her phone.

"Wait, a--- a... trailerpark?" Toni asks herself and runs outside, using the ladder next to her trailer to climb onto her home and looks around, hoping to spot a car. She then realises that Cheryl has to be on abandoned lot, where all the junkies now hang out. She quickly grabs her jacket and slips on her shoes and runs about 100 metres to the darkening carpark, praying Cheryl wasn't imagining her surroundings. 

She eventually makes it to the carpark, breathing heavily. Just to her left she spots a black, Range Rover, and a drunk Cheryl Blossom sat in the front seat. She runs over, opening the door and attempts to wake Cheryl up. She flutters her eyes to wake herself and drowisly says, "Toni?"

"Oh thank God" Toni says to herself and helps Cheryl out the drivers seat and into the back seat, keeping her upright. She then gets in the drivers seat, notices the empty bottle of straight rum, turns on the engine and begins to badly drive back to her trailer, breathing a sigh of relief...