Part Eight

"The family is a haven in a heartless world."

~Christopher Lasch

__________

I immediately cried out in excitement, tossing the box aside I hugged Archer tightly, a gesture he gladly returned.
"What are you waiting for, go put it on"
He gestured towards the bathroom. I picked up the white vest like top and raced into the bathroom, shutting the door loudly behind me.
I practically ripped off my sweatshirt, eager to have it on.
I had a bit of difficulty getting into it, and I was afraid I was going to have to call Archer in to help me, when it finally came down over my chest.
I was almost afraid to look in the mirror after I pulled my sweatshirt back on. Like a part of me was afraid it wouldn't work and I was doomed to look female forever.
But when I finally looked up and saw my flat chest for the first time, I almost burst from happiness.
"How does it fit?"
It was Ellison's voice from the other side of the door now. I quickly unlocked the door and hurried out to show them.
I found them in the living room, standing as close to the door as they could without being in front of it, amd it really showed how anxious they felt for me.
"Is it too tight?"
Archer asked, in his typical mother-hen fashion, I laughed.
"No it fits perfectly. Thank you guys so much"
I couldn't help myself from pulling them both into a tight embrace. I finally felt whole, at least under my clothes
"We hope it helps, Lukas"
Ellison's ever present concern for me was heartwarming, and I felt like I didn't deserve it from him or Archer. Like I was a burden on them. I knew I wasn't, but the thought lingered in the back of my mind as Ellison started dinner, asking if I could please cut the vegetables.

______________