Part Three

"I would rather be hated for who I am,
Than loved for who I am not"

~Miles McKenna

___________

I can't remember going up the stairs, my blind rage and tear clouded eyes must have blocked it out. But I ended up in my room,
Lucy's room.
I grabbed a duffel from under my bed, I was already packed.
I knew this day would come and as much as I prayed in would be different, I knew god didn't care. If he did I would have been born in the right body from the start.
I pulled on a hoodie and a pair of blue converse I had bought in secret, but not before wrapping the bandages tight around my chest. As if I could force the unfortunate flukes of nature back into my body.
I grabbed the duffel and hastily turned my back on the powder pink bedroom, I didn't belong here.
"Where do you think you're going! "
My mother's tone hadn't changed, if anything it had become harder and more angry.
"Away from here"
I shot back, my words were like spitting acid. I hoped they would hit her and burn her skin.
" Don't you dare walk out that door, Lucy!"
My father's voice boomed as he enterd the doorway, most likely hearing our heated exchange.
"Lucy's not going anywhere, she's locked up in this prison you call a home. Living under the dictators she calls parents. But Lukas is leaving, and he's not coming back! "
With that, I threw open the door and stormed out into the rain, and I never looked back.

________