Part Seven

"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts"

~Oliver Wendell Holmes

___________

It had been a week since Archer and Ellison welcomed me into their home, it had taken some major adjustment, especially to their hyperactive german shepard, Romeo.
Archer fixed my hair and it was styled exactly how I imagined it, I never thought I could be this happy, living with two people who genuinely cared about me. I didn't have to hide who I was from them.
The true extent of their concern didn't show itself until my third day with them, when Archer accidentally walked in on me wrapping myself with the bandage and actually gasped. I had never heard a man his age gasp and if it weren't for the serious situation, I probably would have laughed.
"What are you doing?!, that can seriously injure you, Lukas"
He scolded me but I could hear the worry in his voice, yet tears still pricked my eyes.
"I know, it just... makes me feel better"
That answer didn't suit Archer, if anything it made him even more upset.
" I can't let you hurt yourself just to be comfortable with your body. I'm getting you a binder. Until then, please don't wear the bandages. I know it's hard but I dont want you to be hurt. You are still a boy no matter what your body looks like."
His words and his genuine worry moved me. He barely knew me, yet he was getting me something that would help me tremendously,  just so I wouldn't hurt myself. I almost cried.
I didn't wear the bandages again.

The next day, Archer came into my room, which was their guest room. But they insisted I call it my own for as long as I wished.
He had his hands behind his back and a wide smile stretched across his face.
"Close your eyes, Lukas"
His voice was practically shaking with excitement, I though he might explode if I didn't comply, so I shut my eyes.
"Now hold out your hands"
I stretched my arms out in front of me expectantly, slightly nervous.
He placed what felt like a box in my hands, I instantly grabbed a hold of it to keep it from falling.
"Okay you can open your eyes now"
I opened my eyes and looked down, I was right about the box. It was a simple blue gift box with a removable lid. I looked up at Archer in confusion, he just waved his hands in excitement.
"Go on, open it"
I glanced at him once more before quickly removing the lid, whatever was inside was covered by pink and white tissue paper, the clever use of the trans colours instantly gave away the contents of the box and I excitedly pulled it out.
It was a chest binder.

__________